A Brand New Look

What’s so fascinating and frustrating and great about life is that you’re constantly starting over, all the time, and I love that. – Billy Crystal

You might have noticed it’s a little different around the website these days. I figured with all the changes going on in my life, why not add a little bit more frustration (no, actually a whole lot more frustration) and get it over with in one fell swoop! So in my typical “I need it now” fashion, I searched, I found, and I hit Apply. Presto…just like that a new look and feel with the click of a mouse. Okay this was only in my dreams (sigh), but it was a good dream while it lasted. Changing over has been a major pain in the you know what.

Spicy Southwestern Rice: Pure and Simple The change was a necessary evil and one I knew would have to be done sooner or later. When I first started out in the “Kingdom of Blog World” last August, I readily admit I had no idea what I was doing (you may attest to this statement when you peruse my earlier posts). I had vision, was eager to start and jumped in with both feet, although not sure of where I would land in the process. If you had asked me then what that might look like, my answer would be very different than what it is today.

Spicy Southwestern Rice: Pure and Simple

And I’m okay with that. Not that it’s easy, as Billy Crystal is surely aware of, but it’s important. The previous blog theme had areas that didn’t function properly, was slow and unresponsive at times and needed more space to open it up for greater opportunities. I thought about waiting for the perfect moment to make a change; wait until all the stars aligned and Venus was in her proper orbit. Sadly, this would never have happened. If I continued to wait for the nebulous optimum conditions, opportunities would have gone wanting, frustrations would have mounted, and open spaces would have been harder and harder to find.

Kinda like life, huh?

Spicy Southwestern Rice: Pure and Simple

Spicy Southwestern Rice is a perfect accompaniment for all your South of the Border meals. Serve it up with Carne Asada Street Tacos, Black Beans made with a little Negro Modelo,  and a blended Sweet and Sour Margarita for a complete meal that will have you singing “Livin La Vida Loca” in no time flat!

Spicy Southwestern Rice

Comments

This rice dish looks amazing …. I’m totally going to add this to our menu this week. Looking forward to following your site. Your recipes are yum!!! Bren

Thanks Bren, I appreciate the kind words. I’m glad you were able to stop on over and take a look around. I love it when fellow bloggers are able to connect… It certainly broadens my horizons. Happy Spring!

2. Linda Cox says

Love the new look! Amazing what a difference small changes can make. hmmm Wonder if that applies in other areas……..will have to give that some thought.

Thanks Stacy,
      There are still a few projects on the website yet to be finished, and I’m as giddy as a new lamb in spring waiting to share them.

Coming up; a recipe index featuring categories that make sense for easier navigation, and a “Spotlight of the Month” section featuring exceptional causes worthy of support. I am hoping to highlight Create Common Good first if I can make it happen!

Blessings to you and your family.

3. Toni says

Hi Shari & Tim,
    What an amazing website. It is so beautiful. I love what you are doing. Thank you so much for sharing your journey so graciously.
    I hope I have something to share back in the future.
    Toni
    From NW Oregon

It has been fun and challenging putting it all together. Tim has been gracious and taken over the cooking duties quite a few times this week.I am afraid I have been attached to my laptop by a chain. Looking forward to tomorrow when I can put everything aside.
      I sure do appreciate my day of rest each week. I unplug from anything to do with social media. I sweat profusely the first few hours, and kinda start shaking, but I believe that’s another story for another time and I digress.

I do appreciate your kind words. Blessings to you.