Life is in the Details

The details are not the details. They make the design. ~ Charles Eames

I awoke this morning a little later than usual and lingered awhile before crawling out of bed.

Life is in the Little Details

So much to do in the short amount of time I had left at my sisters house left me feeling a bit paralyzed. Frankly, I didn’t want to start. “Just a little while longer”… my repeated mantra.

Life is in the Little Details

But the smell of coffee has a way of changing things; an invisible force beckoning me to rise up and shine.

Life is in the Little Details

As I grabbed the coveted cup of coffee, on a whim I also snagged my camera, and headed outside for a walk about the property.

Life is in the Little Details

Immediately I was enchanted! Her yard is a feast for the eyes. In the 38 plus years my sister has lived here she has created beautiful vignettes about the property; little details just waiting to be discovered.

Life is in the Little Details

There is magic waiting around every corner! Splendid and delightful on their own, but a masterpiece when all are woven together.

Life is in the Little Details

As I wandered about, captivated with all I saw, I began to ponder on my own little vignettes.

Life is in the Little Details

The little details of my life that have formed who I am today.

Life is in the Little Details

None are insignificant or discarded, but are being used to weave a tapestry that has been created for a purpose by a great designer.

Life is in the Little Details

I like the sound of that.

The Details in life shared with the following websites:

Lou Lou Girls: Lou Lou Girls

The Kitchen Chopper: The Weekend Social

Coffee with us 3: Pretty Pintastic

My Pinterventures: Merry Monday Linky Party

Creative K Kids: Bloggers Brag

Cherished Handmade Treasures: Creative Corner Hop

MsMoozys Open House: Tuesdays with a Twist

Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Comments

Thanks Janine. I am glad you enjoyed it. I stopped by your site Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyholic earlier this morning and loved your latest post “Baking, Bingo, Books…What Do You Do to Unwind? Plus Memorial Day Specials!!” We obviously are both on the same wavelength. Taking time to stop and smell the roses is so important!!!
      Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with your family and friends. Gather around the table and tell your stories and build some lasting memories!
      Blessings…Shari

I would love to get lost in your sister’s garden. It’s so beautiful and looks so peaceful! Thanks for sharing at the Pretty Pintastic Party.

I love your pictures and am now following you on all social media. :)
    Alli recently posted…Pretty Pintastic PartyMy Profile

Thanks Alli, it was fun coming to the party. Always a good time. Thank you for following me on social media, I will be sure to return the favor.
      Blessings…Shari

Thanks Marlys. There were so many fun things to discover in my sisters yard. The best thing was taking my coffee, or a glass of wine, depending on the time of day and wandering off to a cozy little spot. It was so peaceful and serene. Thanks again for hosting and providing a place to share. Blessings..Shari

So nice to meet you Jay and thanks for the lovely invitation. I will be sure to head over…I love looking at all the wonderful and creative posts. I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Blessings…Shari

Thank you for taking your camera, I love to look around gardens, kinda jealous, we live in the desert so to have such a garden is wonderful. However, the rooster is my fav.

Thanks for stopping by Oh My Heartsie Girl today. I am now following you on Pinterest, FB, G+ and Twitter.
    Have a wonderful day!!
    Karren

Thanks Karen for your kind and lovely words. I am working on reciprocating with all the social media. Oh My Heartsie Girl is a beautiful site and I am excited to follow along to see what you have next! Blessings…Shari

Shari it is kind of you to say that, I appreciate it. I had to come back and read though your post again. I love these photo they make me smile, I needed that today!!

So glad you did Karren. My sister is about 900 miles away. Whenever I get to missing her, I pull up this post and remember her sweet yard and the time we spent together. It makes everything all better! Glad these photo’s make you smile too! Blessings, Shari

Thank you Vidya. It was so easy taking pictures at my sisters house with all the beautiful details to choose from. I appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I am so pleased when I have the opportunity to make a new friend :)