Watermelon Lemonade: A favorite Summertime Refreshment

Watermelon Lemonade

The official first day of Summer is June 21st, but I feel the real start is on the weekend of Memorial Day. Families gather for picnics and BBQ’s, and head outdoors for remembrances, parades and camping trips. The weather is inconsequential; rain or shine, it doesn’t matter. We will trek outdoors to enjoy the parade, pitch our tents to sleep under the stars, or fire up the grill. Memorial Day weekend also happens to be my first official day of making Watermelon Lemonade for the year: summertime in all it’s icy cold perfection!

A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent

Watermelon Lemonade: Pure Grace Farms

It doesn’t matter what Season I find myself in, I will swear up and down it is my favorite. Summertime is no exception! The weather is perfect for outdoor activities and a great time for a little fun in the sun. Tim and I love having friends over and our BBQ rarely cools down. Memorial Day was the first grill of the year and I had some of the tastiest “Fall off the Bone Ribs” I have ever eaten (really, no kidding). I gleaned the recipe from Diane at Recipes for our Daily Bread. Those ribs had everyone’s full attention. The icy watermelon lemonade was a perfect accompaniment.

Watermelon Lemonade: Pure Grace Farms

So, this Summer I will do my best to get out and enjoy God’s beautiful creation as often as I’m able. I look forward to creating delicious and tasty delights with His wonderful bounty. Serving up whole foods from the garden and orchard, farmer’s markets, roadside stands…wherever I can find them. Hope you will come along for the ride and enjoy the summer season as much as I do. Now on to the tasty Watermelon Lemonade.

Watermelon Lemonade: Pure Grace Farms

Watermelon Lemonade is a sweet and tart drink that screams summertime conjuring up images of a front porch swing and a cool summer breeze.  All that is lacking is some delicious Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwiches, and a plate full of Luscious Lemon Cookies to make it complete!

Watermelon Lemonade: A favorite Summertime Refreshment

Author:
Serves: 6-8
  • 1½ - 2 cup sugar (if you like tart lemonade use the lesser amount of sugar)
  • 4 cup water, divided
  • 4 cup cubed seedless watermelon (yeilds 2 cups watermelon juice)
  • 8 Lemons, halved and juiced (2 cups lemon juice)
  • Ice
  1. Place sugar and 2 cups water in medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Stir occasionally until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat. Allow to cool.
  2. In the meantime, place cubed watermelon into blender. Blend on high until liquefied. Strain through fine mesh to separate remaining pulp from juice, pressing on solids to retain as much juice as possible from watermelon pulp. Set aside.
  3. Once sugar water (simple syrup) has cooled completely pour into a large pitcher filled with ice. Add remaining 2 cups water, watermelon juice and lemon juice.
  4. Stir well and serve immediately.

Watermelon Lemonade shared with:

Ducks n’ a Row: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop Designed by BH: Twirl and Take a Bow The Shady Porch: Party on the Porch Foody Schmoody: The Wednesday Roundup  Far from Normal: Wake up Wednesday Place of my Taste: Work it Wednesdays Lambert’s Lately: Create it Thursday Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson: Share your Cup Thursday Making it in the Mountains: Link’n Blogs Momma Lew: Pin it Party SITSgirls linky Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday Happy and Blessed Home: Family Fun Friday Juggling Real Food and Real Life: Let’s Get Real The Kitchen Chopper: The Weekend Social In the Kitchen with Jennie: Foodie Friend Friday Coffee with us 3: Pretty Pintastic Yesterfood: Summer BBQ Party My Pinterventures: Merry Monday Linky Party  Meatloaf and Melodrama: Snickerdoodle Sunday Creative K Kids: Bloggers Brag Cherished Handmade Treasures: Creative Corner Hop Yesterfood: Treasure Box Tuesday Creative K Kids: Tasty Tuesdays  Oh My Heartsie Girl: What I Made Wordless Wednesday The 21st Century Housewife: Hearth and Soul Tuesday Blog Hop Lou Lou Girls: Lou Lou Girls Sweet Haute: La Dolce Vita: Thursday Sweet Haute Share Link Party Jordan’s Onion: Thank Goodness It’s Thursday Create with Joy: Friendship Friday Create with Joy: Inspire me Monday’s The Happy Housie: Summer Celebration Homestead Lady: Green Thumb Thursday Satori Design for Living: Our Sunday Best Showcase Mrs Tee love life and Laughter: Mommy Blog Hop The Happy Scraps: Creative Exchange link party  *The Pin Junkie: Friday Link Party *Detours in Life: Tickle Me Tuesday *Krystals Kitsch: Foodie Friday

Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Comments

So glad you stopped by. I love the summery taste to the Watermelon Lemonade. I hope you get a chance to try it. Have a wonderful weekend!

Thank you Addi, I agree. Definitely great for quenching your thirst. Thanks for stopping by and taking a moment to share your thoughts. I greatly appreciate it.

When I saw your picture in the blog hop, I had to see what that drink was all about. I am pinning for future use. This just looks so yummy for summertime. Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I’ve pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board

I can just imagine myself sitting outside and sipping this watermelon lemonade. I’ll probably have to wrestle the kids for the watermelon, but I know they’ll love drinking this. Thanks for sharing this on Merry Monday.
    Erlene recently posted…Spring Fling VoxBox ReviewMy Profile

Shari, I can see why this is so popular- it’s the perfect summertime drink! It looks so pretty and refreshing. I’m so glad you shared this with us at Treasure Box Tuesday. I have it scheduled to share on Facebook Sunday afternoon! :)
    Joy @ Yesterfood recently posted…Oatmeal ScotchiesMy Profile

I am definitely going to have to try this recipe. I love lemonade & watermelon but haven’t tried them together! Thanks for sharing. I am pinning. Thanks for linking up at the Tasty Tuesday link up

The combination is perfect! Sweet juicy watermelon with the tart tang of lemons and perfect for summer. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comments!

That is a new one for me…dogs eating watermelon. I am seeing the picture and it definitely brings a smile to my face. Thanks for taking the time to share and for stopping by at Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. Blessings, Shari

Congratulations Heather! Though I know it isn’t great being pregnant in the summer months. Here’s to a cool and comfortable summer! Thanks for stopping in and taking the time to leave a generous comment! Blessings…Shari

This sounds so refreshing! I love regular lemonade, but not all of my kids do, and some of them would love this! If you have time, please stop by Snickerdoodle Sunday and share! :)
    Dee recently posted…Snickerdoodle SundayMy Profile

Hi Shari! I’m stopping over from Let’s Get Real today. My family mostly just drink milk and water, but they have been bugging me lately about wanting something different. It’s hard to find good beverages without artificial colors which we like to avoid. Watermelon and lemonade………..sounds like summer to me and I know my kids are going to love this. Need to get a watermelon and some more lemons……….I bet my daughter will enjoy helping me make this as well.
    Christina @ Juggling Real Food and Real Life recently posted…Let’s Get Real Friday Party #41My Profile

My daughter loves watermelon! I will definitely be making this recipe because in the summer I always have watermelon! Thanks! Stopping by from the #LetsGetReal Blog Hop!

An icy cold slice of watermelon on a hot summer day is always so delicious! I do hope your daughter enjoys the watermelon lemonade too! I appreciate you stopping in to say hello!

With so many other wonderful great foods in Italy I can understand why! Have fun at your picnic and with all your celebrations on Festa della Repubblica, and thanks for following along :)

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Dear Shari, Thank you so much for coming by and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every one of them!
    And a big thank you for sharing my ‘diy ~ aging clay pots with paint’ post on your social medias!
    I hope others find inspiration and paint/’age’ their own pots.
    Your website is so beautiful! I’m looking forward to looking around.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Suzanne (new follower)
    Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home recently posted…Savour . . . a Greek basil treeMy Profile

Your pots were lovely Suzanne making them very easy to share with my friends and followers. Your kind words are encouraging and much appreciated. Blessings to you…Shari

This is genius I can’t believe I’ve never seen it before! My kids love lemonade and they love watermelon, I have to do this! I am like you, my favorite season is whichever one I happen to be in. But usually I don’t love summer. When I lived in Cali it was the intense heat, now I live in Colorado its the mosquitoes and having kids to clean sand off of, to make sure don’t drown, etc. But this year hubby and I got a good system down for taking the kids to the lake and I am starting to love summer. And not a single mosquito bite yet!
    Alicia recently posted…Bohemian Wedding VenuesMy Profile

There was a time summer was miserable for me too. I lived in Va and the humidity and gnats were frightful. Going outdoors was always like walking into a combat zone. Thankfully, Boise has neither. Feeling mighty blessed :) Thanks for stopping by and sharing your stories. I love that!

I grew up in south Alabama. We had a watermelon festival every year. I LOVE watermelon, but I have never thought to add it to lemonade.

I will try this!

Watermelon is the best! I have the best memories of eating it when I was a kid. We had to take our big juicy slices outside to keep from making a mess everywhere. I do hope you give it a try and let me know how you like. Thanks for stopping and sharing today! Blessings…Shari

What perfect timing! I would love to hear how it holds up to what you enjoyed at Chili’s. Keeping my fingers crossed it will be just as good! Thanks for stopping by. Blessings…Shari

This looks so refreshing! Thanks for linking it w/ us over on The Wednesday Roundup! I’ve pinned it! Twice, actually, because I couldn’t decide which board to put it on, lol. It’s on my Beverages board and also the Wednesday Roundup board! :-)
    christine recently posted…The Wednesday Roundup Week 27My Profile

Thank you Heather for stopping by. This is one of my favorite drinks to make for the Summer and always a big hit. I hope you enjoy it! Blessings…Shari