All American Pies
Lemon Meringue Pie is one of my husband’s favorites. It is not a big stretch that I would choose the tart and tangy lemony treat as the feature to celebrate all things pie in honor of Father’s Day, 4th of July and the beginning of summer! I have some incredible pies to share today, so let’s get started!
Lemon Meringue Pie
First up…The All American Lemon Meringue Pie. Tart and tangy with just the right amount of sweetness, a bonafide Blue Ribbon All American favorite! From none other than yours truly, Pure Grace Farms.
Best Fudge Pie
“This is not a chocolate pie and it’s not a brownie pie. This pie is the best gooey chocolate fudge pie with pecans ever.” ~ Diane Roarke. The Best Fudge Pie comes from Recipes for Our Daily Bread. Diane does a great job of giving you step by step pictorial instructions.
Easy Delicious Peach Pie
“…A classic apple pie: sweet, juicy, tender apples wrapped up in a golden crust.” ~ Joy Mc Elroy. Last but not least is the anytime favorite, Apple Pie from Yesterfood. An incredible pie that is always on everyone’s list!
It is my hope this summer that you are able to take some time to stop and smell the roses, spend time with your family gathering around the (picnic) table, take a moment now and again to be grateful for the blessings we have, AND eat more pie!
All American Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 cup Sugar, divided.
- 6 tbsp sugar (for meringue)
- 5 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cup boiling water
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ tbsp grated lemon rind
- Baked 9" pie shell (see recipe link below)
- Combine ½ c. sugar, cornstarch and salt in small sauce pan; mix well.
- Gradually stir in boiling water, while whisking. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to form a mound when dropped from a spoon (about 5 minutes).
- Once thick, reduce heat slightly, cover and continue cooking for an additional 7 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep mixture from sticking.
- In the meantime, combine egg yolks with ½ cup sugar in a small bowl, mix well.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk mixture, blend well.
- Immediately pour egg yolk mixture back into remaining hot mixture blending well.
- Continue to cook mixture on stove for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add butter, lemon juice and lemon rind to mixture, stirring gently until well blended and butter has melted.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- To make meringue, beat egg whites until foamy with electric mixer at high speed.
- Gradually add 6 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, glossy peaks form when beaters are slowly.
- Spoon meringue unto lemon pie filling starting with the outer edges first and working your way inwards toward the middle. Finishing with a large mound in the center.
- Bake in 425 degree oven 5 minutes, or until the meringue is lightly browned.
- Cool on rack.
Recipe for All American Lemon Meringue Pie from Farm Journal’s Best-Ever Pies by Patricia A. Ward
The Recipe for All American Lemon Meringue Pie shared with:
My Pinterventures: Merry Monday Linky Party
Create with Joy: Inspire me Monday’s
Creative K Kids: Bloggers Brag
Yesterfood: Treasure Box Tuesday
Oh My Heartsie Girl: Mondays Reflection
Lou Lou Girls: Lou Lou Girls
3GLOL: Teach Me Tuesday
OKC Mom of 3: Tasty Tuesdays
New Mama Diaries: Turn it up Tuesday
The Shady Porch: Party on the Porch
The Crafty Wife: The Wednesday Roundup
Easy Life Meal and Party Planning: Four Season’s Blog Hop
Sweet Haute: La Dolce Vita: Thursday Sweet Haute Share Link Party
Lambert’s Lately: Create it Thursday
Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyholic: Pin it Party
The Happy Housie: Summer Celebration
Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday
Happy & Blessed Home: Family Fun Friday
Calm Healthy Sexy: Let’s Get Real
My Paper Craze: Creative Spark
The Cookie Puzzle: Party in Your PJ’S
Kitchen Dreaming: The Weekend Social
In the Kitchen With Jenny: Foodie Friends Friday
Coffee With Us 3: Pretty Pintastic Party
Natasha in Oz: Say G’day Saturday Link Party
Satori Design for Living: Our Sunday Best Showcase
Mrs Tee love life and Laughter: Mommy Blog Hop
Ducks ‘n a Row: Plucky’s Second Though Link Party
New Mama’s Diaries: Creative with Style
Our Delightful Home: Show Me What You Got
Mandy’s Recipe Box: Totally Talented Tuesdays
Simple Living and Eating: Foodie Friday
*Pebbles and Piggytails: Saturday Dishes
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”