Barbecue season is heating up and Bourbon Brown Sugar Glazed Flank Steak is sure to please the most picky of palates. Bourbon Brown Sugar Glazed Flank Steak won’t empty your wallet either. A great reason to fire up the grill, chill a few drinks and invite your friends over for a simple summer dinner.
What’s special about the Bourbon Brown Sugar Glazed Flank Steak is summed up in two words; the sauce! Amazing flavorful sauce with just a touch of heat. A sweet, lick your plate when no one is watching, incredible kind of sauce. I want some more Bourbon Brown Sugar Glazed Flank Steak Sauce!
So what are you waiting for? Get yourself to the store, pick up some Flank Steak and fire up the grill! Trust me, you’ll thank me later after just one taste of Bourbon and Brown Sugar Glazed Flank Steak.
- 1½ pounds flank steak
- ½ cup Bourbon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp corn starch
- Place flank steak in large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except cornstarch, to bowl.
- With your hands thoroughly work in all ingredients into flank steak, getting into all the nooks and crannies.
- Place steak in ziplock bag and pour sauce from bowl into bag. Close and place in refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour, 3-4 hours is best.
- Heat grill on high.
- Remove flank steak from plastic bag, gently shaking to remove excess marinade. Reserving marinade for glaze.
- Place flank steak on grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, turn, grill for an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Steak should still be pink in the center.
- Allow steak to rest on cutting board for 10 minutes, while preparing glaze.
- Heat marinade in small sauce pan over medium high heat until sauce begins to simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove small amount of sauce and mix with corn starch. Return cornstarch mixture to pan and whisk continuously until thickened.
- Cut flank steak on the bias into strips and serve with Bourbon glaze spooned over top.
Recipe adapted from Sugar Steak with Bourbon by Amanda Hesser: Food 52
Bourbon Brown Sugar Glazed Flank Steak shared with:
Natasha in Oz: Say G’day Saturday Link Pasrty *Satori Design for Living: Our Sunday Best Showcase *Mrs Tee love life and Laughter: Mommy Blog Hop *My Pinterventures: Merry Monday Linky Party *Create With Joy: Inspire Me Monday *Creative K Kids: Bloggers Brag *Ducks ‘n a Row: Plucky’s Second Though Link Party *New Mama’s Diaries: Creative with Style *21st Century Housewife: Hearth and Soul *Our Delightful Home: Show Me What You Got *Yesterfood: Treasure Box Tuesday *Lou Lou Girls: Lou Lou Girls *Nap time Creations: Create Link Inspire *3GLOL: Teach Me Tuesday *Mandy’s Recipe Box: Totally Talented Tuesdays *Creative K Kids: Tasty Tuesday’s *Southern Beauty Guide: Let’s Be Friends *Detours in Life: Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday *The Shady Porch: Party on the Porch *Foody Schmoody: The Wednesday Roundup *My Paper Craze: The Creative Spark *Sweet Haute La Dolce Vita *Lambert’s Lately: Create it Thursday *Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday *Organized 31: Inspire us Thursday *The Happy Scraps: Creative Exchange link party *Juggling Real Food and Real life: Let’s Get Real *Christina’s Adventures: The Handmade Hangout *Simple Living and Eating: Foodie Friday *My Turn For Us: Freedom Friday’s *Closer to Home: Friday Frenzy *The Pin Junkie: Friday Link Party *The Cookie Puzzle: Party in Your PJ’S *Kitchen Dreaming: Weekend Social *In the Kitchen with Jenny: Foodie Friend Friday
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”