Find Your Happy Place in 3 Easy Steps

Find Your Happy Place in 3 Easy Steps

Find Your Happy Place in 3 Easy Steps

Wouldn’t it be nice if all we had to do to find our “Happy Place” was to follow 3 easy prescribed steps?”

Find Your Happy Place in 3 Easy Steps

Everyone would be happy, nirvana would reign and life would always be a “heaven on earth”….”No more worries, I’m in my happy place!”

Find Your Happy Place in 3 Easy Steps

If one is to believe what the internet has to offer;  there are a myriad of ways to do just that!  Head to Google search to discover 10 steps to Discover your Happy Place,  how to Go to Your Happy Place, and exactly Where is your Happy Place. There are even images for How to Find your Happy Place.

Find Your Happy Place in 3 Easy Steps

Most of the information in the above articles are great, don’t get me wrong, but my problem here is with the premise that we must be in a happy place all the time or something is terribly wrong with us.

Find Your Happy Place in 3 Easy Steps

Anything less than happy is a big fat fail, heaven help us when we have a down day.

Find Your Happy Place in 3 Easy Steps

Our happy place score is zero if we momentarily lose a few coping skills or have difficulty dealing with a painful situation. And by all means, don’t you dare admit this to anyone… for solutions, pills, psychiatrists and the like will be thrown your way from all directions. No one is quite comfortable around the unhappy and will immediately run in the other direction or set about fixing the “unnatural” problem.

Find Your Happy Place in 3 Easy Steps

I believe their is a place for pills, psychiatrists, psychologists and alternate solutions for those who find themselves in an un-“happy place” for an extended period of time and need a little boost to get going again. However, we do ourselves a huge injustice when we fail to recognize that there are seasons in our lives, and sometimes happy isn’t the one that we’re in.

Find Your Happy Place in 3 Easy Steps

Ecclesiastes 3, says it best…

There’s an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on earth:

A right time for birth and another for death,

A right time to plant and another to reap,

A right time to kill and another to heal,

A right time to destroy and another to construct,

A right time to cry and another to laugh…

Find Your Happy Place in 3 Easy Steps

Be encouraged today friends…we all go through seasons in our lives. The great thing about seasons? They never last forever.

Find Your Happy Place in 3 Easy Steps shared with:

My Pinterventures: Merry Monday Linky Party

Called Home: Wake Me Up Wednesday

Gingerly Made: Show and Tell

Creative K Kids: Thoughtful Thursday’s

MsMoozys Open House: Tuesdays with a Twist

Comments

It has taken a lot of heartache for me to learn this truth. I appreciate you stopping by and taking a moment to share. I enjoyed your party and look forward to linking up regularly.

What gorgeous pictures. I use to look for that happy place all the time, until I decided to give all my worries to God. Let him worry about my problems and I can enjoy life. I loved reading your words on this Monday morning. Thank you.

Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I’ve pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board

My feelings exactly Tammy. No matter where I am on this journey of life, I know that He has my best interests at heart and will help me through whatever I face. With such a great love, I can simply be! I love it!
      Blessings, Shari

Thank you! Glad you stopped by, your party’s are always a great adventure of learning new things and a feast for the eyes and tummy!
      Blessings…Shari

You are welcome Brittany. Just this past week I did my first co-host with Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop which I will be involved in all month. It has been fun and a lot of hard work. I appreciate the offer; at this time I am not sure if I want to commit to another one. I will surely continue to share at your link up and keep the opportunity in mind. So glad you stopped by!

LOVE these beautiful pictures! So glad to co-host with you AND bloggy friends. You’re amazing and continually surprise me with your talents. Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow

I am so glad you liked them Stephanie! The mountains were so peaceful and serene, it was hard tearing myself away to come back to civilization! Thank you for stopping by and linking up your great post! Have a wonderful rest of your week…Shari

The weekend was so peaceful. There is something to be said for getting back to nature. Thanks for stopping by and taking a moment to comment! I appreciate each and every one! Blessings…Shari

How beautiful Rhonda, I have always wanted to go to the Samoan Islands. I hear they are beautiful. Your lovely pictures confirmed it! Blessings…Shari

Wow – your thoughts ring so true! Thank you for saying them. BTW – I think I have found one of MY happy places – in that natural hot tub! At first I thought it was an outhouse and I was wondering where you were going with the post ;), then I saw the tub! Excellent!
    Vickie recently posted…New Boxes from Old Fences!My Profile

Kinda sneaks up on you, when you’re not looking :) That Hot tub is phenomenal! Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by and sharing them. Blessings…Shari

I agree Linda, I would take happy every single time, it feels good. But, I know I would be missing out and eventually grow stagnant and uninteresting. So bring on the hard times (did I just say that in my outside voice :) )

You are so sweet! I definitely don’t live in an eternal happy place but I am learning that it’s is probably a bad idea anyway. Happy is good, but life works so much better when there is a little sand in the oyster shell…beautiful pearls are then formed. Thank you for the kind comments. Blessings…Shari

Beautiful, thought-provoking post, Shari! Yes, we treat pain as abnormal, and think that a constant state of happiness should be the norm. It’s the pain we go through that “grows” us, deepens us. A friend of mine and I used to say to each other when we were having a difficult day, “I’m having a growth day.” :) I will admit, some days I’m tired of growing. 😉

Stunning photography!
    Joy @ Yesterfood recently posted…Summer BBQ Party and Grill Giveaway!My Profile

I love that you get it Joy… sometimes I wonder if what I am trying to say comes through to my readers. Life is wonderfully hard. The seasons of difficulty only serve to enrich us and makes the “happy times” so much sweeter. Hang in there my friend. This season won’t last forever and always know if you need a shoulder I will be there for you. Blessings…Shari

What beautiful pictures! It looks like a great place to get a way and find peace and comfort with God. Our Happiness should come in knowing that God is in control of everything. We may never know why we have so many struggles in our life, but God does. We will one day know OR one day it wont matter anymore. I agree, every season is temporary.

That is so true Diane, inner peace comes from knowing God and trusting Him that He has a plan for our life, no matter what the circumstances may look like. Thank you so much for your insightful comments. I am so glad that we have had through the medium of blogging, the opportunity to meet and become friends. I look forward to getting to know you even better.