Fresh Raspberry Tart

Fresh Raspberry Tart

FRESH RASPBERRY TART

I am fairly sure our raspberries are on steroids this year. It is my strong opinion someone is secretly sneaking into the garden and giving them growth hormones in the middle of the night. How else am I to explain the never ending stream of raspberries that cover every square inch of space in my kitchen? I am grateful for the harvest, but these berries are starting to get on my nerves!

Fresh Raspberry Tart

It has been interesting to try to come up with ways to preserve all these berries. Raspberry Chipotle BBQ sauce will be the next little experiment that comes out of my kitchen. In the meantime I’ve taken a break from all the preserving to put together a low sugar fresh raspberry tart.

Fresh Raspberry Tart

I’m glad I did because the tart is delicious. Tim and I haven’t been able to stop nibbling. The tart is in no danger of spoiling, it will be long gone before the night is out! Hey, with the small amount of sugar in the fresh raspberry tart I’m not feeling too guilty.

Fresh Raspberry Tart

I love the simplicity of the Fresh Raspberry Tart.  I chose to use a crust with a touch of sweetness to offset the distinctive tangy flavor of the fresh raspberries. The filling for the fresh raspberry tart is made with mostly fresh raspberries except for a small amount of sugar to make the glaze. The Fresh Raspberry Tart is a simple tart that takes little time to make, but looks and tastes like you spent hours.

Fresh Raspberry Tart

I found the Basic Tart Dough recipe from William-Sonoma perfect for the Fresh Raspberry Tart. Crisp and flaky with just a touch of sweetness.
  • Basic Tart Dough Recipe (see link for recipe below)
  • 4½ cups raspberries, divided
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  1. Place 1½ cups raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in small sauce pan.
  2. Heat over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until mixture is clear.
  3. Cool slightly.
  4. Place berries into food mill or sieve to remove seeds,
  5. Chill glaze in refrigerator until ready to use.
  6. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  7. Place prepared tart dough in tart pan. Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork to help prevent bubbling. (an option is to use dry beans or pie weights to keep crust from bubbling and help the surface of the tart to remain flat).
  8. Place tart dough in oven and immediately reduce the heat to 375 degrees. Bake tart shell for 20 - 25 minutes or until shell is lightly browned.
  9. Remove tart shell from oven and cool.
  10. Once tart shell has cooled, place remaining raspberries into shell in a concentric circle. Berries should be stem side down.
  11. Pour cooled glaze over the top of berries.
  12. Chill for 30 minutes. Serve

Basic Tart Dough Recipe from William-Sonoma. Find Recipe here.

Fresh Raspberry Tart shared with:

*Confessions of a Mommyholic: Pin it Party *Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday *Lewis Lane Designs: Tuned in Thursday *Organized 31: Inspire Us Thursday *The Deliberate Mom: Shine Blog Hop *Grow a Good Life: Green Thumb Thursday *Calm Healthy Sexy: Let’ Get Real *Nancherrow: Friday’s Unfolded *Kitchen dreaming: The Weekend Social *A daily dish: Foodie Friday’s *The Diary of a Real Housewife: Friday Favorites * Create with Joy: Friendship Friday * The Cookie Puzzle: Party in Your PJ’S *Love Bakes Good Cakes: Freedom Friday’s *In the Kitchen With Jenny: Foodie Friday’s *Captain America and His English Rose: Pretty Pintastic Party  *Colorado Springs Tours and Reviews: Friday Favorite *Natasha in Oz: Say G’day *Pebbles and Piggy Tails: Saturday Dishes *The Sits Girls: Sits Sharefest *New Mama Diaries: Creative Style Linkup *2 Crochet Hooks: Snickerdoodle Sunday *Sondra Lyn at Home: Share It Sunday  *Baking in Pyjamas: Sweet and Savoury Sunday *Creative K Kids: Bloggers Brags *Mrs Tee Love Life Laughter:Mommy Monday Blog Hop *21st Century Housewife: Hearth and Soul Blog Hop Lou Lou Girls: Lou Lou Girls*Mandy’s Recipe Box: Totally Talented Tuesdays  *Savvy Southern Style: Wow us Wednesday *My Paper craze: Creative Spark *My Crafty Wife: The Wednesday Roundup *Designed by BH:Twirl and Take a Bow

Comments

Congrats on being featured on The Wednesday Roundup! Because your post was chosen, its now also been pinned to our Link Party Features Pinterest Board {http://www.pinterest.com/anglemoine/the-wednesday-roundup-features}! We’d Love for you to come on by and check it out!

This looks so yummy! I can’t wait to make one!

Thanks so much for linking up with Green Thumb Thursday. I’ve chosen this post as my featured post this week. Please stop by and pick up a featured badge for your blog.

I hope you join us again this week!

~Lisa M
    lisa M recently posted…Green Thumb ThursdayMy Profile

Well said and so true. Fruit all by itself makes us some of the loveliest desserts. Thanks for stopping by and taking a few moments to share.

I’ll take some of those raspberries of your hands! 😉 Right now our kitchen is full of blueberries and I’m pretty sure my daughter is going to turn in to on soon. The tart looks gorgeous. Yum. Thank you for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest board.
    Carie Spence recently posted…Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Sweet CakeMy Profile

My father-in-law always has more raspberries than he knows what to do with them! This is wonderful and I will definitely keep this in mind as he drops buckets of raspberries off to us!

Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo
    Jennifer | The Deliberate Mom recently posted…{these moments: July 2014}My Profile

I am fanatical about covering my berries with netting. After all the hard work I go through to get them producing I’m a bit selfish and I don’t like to share. Yesterday my husband went out to pick the blackberries and some rascally creature (must of been a raccoon) slipped through the netting and stripped half of our blackberries leaving nothing behind. :( no blackberry tarts on the horizon for Tim!!!

Like you I have been surprised by the abundance of raspberries this year. The grand kids have been over a couple times to pick (and eat). I am picking every other day. Your raspberry tart is beautiful!
    Carol recently posted…Bearing Fruit: ElderberriesMy Profile

Thank you Carol. My husband and I had to fight for the last piece. So much to eat…so little time :)
      Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.

Oh Shari, I seriously am ready to drive to your home for a slice of this tart! Another wonderful use of fresh fruit. Shared this around the world and featured on my fb page. Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow

Thank you Winnie. I can’t imagine not being able to enjoy the fresh taste of raspberries. Another reason I have to be thankful
      Thanks for stopping by and taking a moment to share!

It sounds like you had a wonderful raspberry harvest this year. This Raspberry Tart looks amazing! I cannot wait to read and try the Raspberry Chipotle BBQ.

The gift of raspberries never ends :) They are like the energizer bunny. They keep going and going…Thanks for stopping by, it is always a pleasure.

I admit I had the last slice for breakfast this morning. I know I will be making this one several times this season. Thanks for stopping by.