Grilled Salmon in Foil AKA Gourmet Salmon

Grilled Salmon in Foil

Grilled Salmon in Foil AKA Gourmet Salmon

Grilled Salmon in foil is a simple way to make healthy delicious food when camping. Add a pack of foil wrapped veggies and in less than 20 minutes dinner is on the table. I was tempted to name this dish gourmet salmon but decided against it because I didn’t want the dish to seem too fussy. One taste of the Grilled Foil Wrapped Salmon will have you thinking gourmet all packaged up in a pretty foil wrapper.

Grilled Salmon in Foil AKA Gourmet Salmon

No fussing with this dish, it is simple and straightforward. Prepare rectangles of heavy duty foil to wrap the salmon in. I tend to use double foil to make sure all the delightful juices stay put to keep the salmon moist and flavorful.
  • 1 large piece of salmon, preferably wild caught
  • 1 lemon, sliced
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • Favorite seasoning Rub ( I used Trader Joe's BBQ Rub and Seasonings with Coffee and Garlic...link below)
  1. Heat Grill.
  2. Place onion and lemon slices in the center of a rectangle of heavy duty foil wrap.
  3. Rub salmon generously with favorite seasoning rub.
  4. Place salmon on top of onion and lemon slices.
  5. Cover all with additional rectangle of foil and seal up tightly.
  6. Add a second layer of heavy duty foil wrap if preferred.
  7. Place fish on grill for 7 -10 minutes (depending on thickness of fish. Turning once during cook time.
  8. Remove from heat. Carefully cut foil to expose fish. Juices will be extremely hot and the steam can burn so take precautions to prevent a burn.

Trader Joe’s BBQ Rub and Seasoning with Coffee & Garlic (Pack of 2)

Grilled Salmon In Foil shared with:

*Natasha in Oz: Say G’day *Pebbles and Piggy Tails: Saturday Dishes New Mama Diaries: Creative Style Linkup *2 Crochet Hooks: Snickerdoodle Sunday *Sondra Lyn at Home: Share It Sunday *21st Century Housewife: Hearth and Soul Blog Hop *Yesterfood: Treasure Box Tuesday *Lou Lou Girls: Lou Lou Girls *Mandy’s Recipe Box: Totally Talented Tuesdays *Dizzy, Busy and Hugry: Wine’d Down Wednesdays *Crafty Allie: Worthwhile Wednesdays *Smart School House: Whimsy Wednesday *My Paper craze: Creative Spark *My Crafty Wife: The Wednesday Roundup *Organized 31:Inspire us Thursday *Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday  *Nancherrows: Friday’s Unfolded *The Diary of a Real Housewife: Friday Favorites *Kitchen Dreaming: The Weekend Social  *A Dish of Daily Life: Foodie Friday’s

Comments

I make salmon often, we love it. My recipe is simply maple syrup and soy sauce on top of the salmon. My family loves it. I saw your comment about ‘Foodie Fridays’. Would you give me the direct link of this linky party please? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the comment and stopping by to share. The Foodie Friday link is different every week. Foodie Fridays starts at 9 pm EST time every Thursday evening. Head on over to http://puregracefarms.com/ to link up. If you come a little later it’s still no problem. Just click on the scrolling Foodie Friday picture at the top of the page and it will take you right to the party. Hope this helps! Feel free to ask me if you have any more questions. I look forward to your posts. I have started following you on all your social media too. Great to meet you, your website is lovely!

That’s great, thank you! Love your party, so many great posts shared. I am honored. Thanks for coming by and letting me know. Looking forward to this weeks Snickerdoodle Sunday.

We aren’t huge fish-eaters at our house (no particular reason why), but your grilled salmon looks amazing, and it sounds so easy too! I’d love to give your recipe a try soon. Thanks for sharing. Pinning!
    Karen recently posted…Hot Ham & Cheese SandwichesMy Profile

This looks so good Shari. We love to catch fish and cook them right there by the lake or stream in foil also. You are doing a marvelous job on this series. Shared around the universe. Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow

Thanks Carrie. I will have Part 3 of the series up sometime today. Running a bit behind but I don’t want to cut corners. I would much rather be late and put out a quality post. Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I did in writing it. Thanks for stopping by.

Salmon is so good for you. My husband loves to grill it too, but we have never tried to grill it in foil. This looks delicious!

Thanks for sharing!
    Diane
    stumbled, tweeted, pinned!

Thanks Janine. I do remember you don’t care for fish. This one just might surprise you! Thanks for stopping in and taking a moment to share.