Grilled Snap Peas and Soy Ginger Sauce

I’ve never met a pea I didn’t like, but Grilled Sugar Snap Peas and Soy Ginger Sauce take the game to a whole new level!

I was looking for something a little out of the ordinary when I put together this recipe for Grilled Snap Peas and Soy Ginger Sauce. I fired up the grill and knew right where I was headed with those plump and succulent sugar snap peas. This was going to be a snap! No pun intended.

Grilled Snap Peas and Soy Ginger Sauce

And it was! Honey, ginger, garlic, and orange zest seasoned up the Soy Ginger Sauce perfectly. The Grilled Snap Peas looked amazing as they cooked on the grill; black sesame seeds left the peas smelling nutty and delicious.  Here’s where everything went slightly awry.

Grilled Snap Peas and Soy Ginger Sauce

My plan was to plate the peas edamame style and use the Soy Ginger Sauce for dipping those fat little morsels into. Problem was the sauce was to thin. I couldn’t get enough of that delicious sauce on the Grilled Snap Peas. A change of plans was called for. The Grilled Snap Peas were placed in a bowl and that delectable sauce was poured on top. A few tosses of those luscious snap peas was all it took.  A masterpiece in a bowl!

Grilled Snap Peas and Soy Ginger Sauce

I am ashamed to admit, I sat there and ate that whole bowlful of Grilled Sugar Snap Peas. I couldn’t help myself. I was like a woman on a mission, nothing would deter me. Do I regret it? Nope, not one little bit!

Grilled Snap Peas and Soy Ginger Sauce

The beauty of this recipe is the Grilled Snap Peas can be served hot, warm, or cold. Once the peas come off of the grill, put in a bowl and pour on the sauce. The peas can be served immediately or chilled at this point. Delicious and addictive either way! The Soy Ginger Sauce makes more than you may need for this recipe,but can be saved for a delicious salad dressing or marinade for another day.
  • 1 Pound Sugar Snap Peas, washed with strings removed along the seams.
  • 1½ tsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
  • 1 tsp sesame oil, divided
  • ½ cup soy sauce, low sodium preferred
  • ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
  • 1 tbsp grated orange rind
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
  1. Place a sheet of aluminum foil on grill to place peas on and heat grill.
  2. Place snap peas, olive oil, ½ tsp sesame oil and black sesame seeds in a bowl. Toss ingredients to coat peas with oil and sesame seeds.
  3. Place remaining ingredients in a small jar with a lid, (or small bowl) and shake (or whisk) to incorporate all ingredients together.Set aside.
  4. Place peas on aluminum foil over hot grill. No need to be too perfect here with placement of the peas on the grill. Use a pair of tongs to turn the peas as necessary until peas begin to get slightly charred and turn a bright green. (about 5-6 minutes)
  5. Remove peas from grill and place in a serving bowl.
  6. Shake (or whisk) your Soy Ginger Sauce to mix and pour over Snap Peas. Toss and serve or chill as desired.

Soy Ginger Sauce adapted from Soy Ginger Dipping Sauce by Alton Brown

Grilled Snap Peas and Soy Ginger Sauce recipe shared with:

* the Deliberate mom: Shine Blog Hop *Gingerly Made: Show and Tell *Organized 31: Inspire us Thursday   *Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday *Juggling Real food and Real Life: Let’s Get Real *Happy and Blessed Home: Family Fun Friday *The Pin Junkie: The Pin Junkie Party *Kitchen Dreaming: The Weekend Social *A Dish of Daily Life: Foodie Friday *In the Kitchen With Jenny: Foodie Friends Friday *Captain America and His English Rose: Pretty Pintastic Party *Natasha in Oz: Say G’Day *New Mama Diaries: Creative Style Link Up Mrs AOK: Mommy Monday Blog Hop *My Pinterventures: Merry Monday Linky Party *Oh My Heartsie Girl: Monday Reflections *Create with Joy: Inspire me Monday *Creative K Kids: Bloggers Brags *It’s a Gingersnap: Motivate Me Mondays *Plucky’s Second Thoughts *The 21st Century House Wife: The Hearth and Soul Hop *Yesterfood: Treasure Box Tuesday *Lou Lou Girls *Craving some Creativity: Tune it up Tuesday *Crafty Spices: Wordless Wednesday *Oh My Heartsie Girl: What I Made Wordless Wednesday *Creative K Kids: Tasty Tuesdays *The Shady Porch: Party on the Porch *Foody Schmoody: Wednesday Roundup *My Paper Craze: Creative Spark *Lambert’s Lately: Create it Thursday *Sweet Haute: Sweet Haute Share Linky *Momma Lews: Pin it Party *Crafty Allie: Worthwhile Wednesda

Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Comments

These look delicious! My husband loves to grill, so these would be perfect for a night I make him cook. :-)
    Pinning this recipe!
    Thanks for linking up at the Bloggers Brags Party at Surviving Toddlerhood, I hope you come back again soon!

Sounds delicious. I make my own garam marsala and chili powder. I will have to add it to my next batch. Thank you for stopping by and taking a moment to share.

Yeah! I appreciate the opportunity to make new friends here at Pure Grace Farms and am always excited when I make a great connection. Thanks so much for stopping by and I look forward to great interactions with you and your site in the future.

Thanks Rachel. I appreciate the pin and you stopping by to say hello. I went and checked out Turn it Up Tuesday and linked up. Great party.

Looks simple and delicious… my favorite type of recipe. There’s an Asian theme in the air and I’m liking it! Thanks for sharing!

Hi Shari, These snap peas look so good, I like using ginger for a different flavor, but homegrown has got to be so much better. Thanks for sharing today, I have pinned to a group board today!!
    Enjoy your week
    Hugs
    Karren
    Karren Haller recently posted…Mondays ReflectionMy Profile

Thank you Jennifer. I enjoyed the opportunity to get to know your site a little better. You do amazing work. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

Glad you stopped by with the reminder Michelle. I have went and linked up and visited some fabulous blog sites today. The Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Salsa looked amazing! Thanks for the love and I hope you have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!

Thank you Suzanne. I am looking forward to harvesting some more today so I can make this delicious recipe again. This time I will try not to eat the whole bowl and save some for my hubby. Have a wonderful 4th!

I could make a meal out of these peas. They look so fresh and delicious. Your pictures turned out great. Thanks for sharing.

Stumbled and tweeted now. I will definitely share on others medias soon.

Blessings and Happy 4th of July weekend.

Shari, you now have me on a quest to find those fat fresh peas in a pod; that is one thing we did not grow. This recipe has many of my favorite ingredients and looks absolutely beautiful in your picture. Thanks for sharing this one! Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow

I do hope you can find some Carrie. They are my favorite early harvested vegetable. Thankful for your bloggy friendship. Wishing you and your family a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

I absolutely love snap peas and ginger sauce is one of my favorites, too. The first time, I actually had ginger sauce was on our honeymoon back almost 8 years ago when we went to a hibachi grill for dinner. Was such fun and will never forget that night. The food was amazing and so of course I would try anything with ginger sauce. So, definitely need to give this a whirl and your comment about eating the whole plate made me laugh, because I totally could see myself doing that, too :)
    Janine Huldie recently posted…Bergdorf Goodman Meets GLOSSYBOX!My Profile

What a little piggy I was. I would have been embarrassed if there had been anyone around to see me. I loved your reminiscence…aren’t food memories the best! Have a wonderful 4th.

1. […] Mondays  Flour Me With Love | Mix It Up Monday | Merry Mondays | Mommy Monday Blog Hop Pure Grace Farms | Nana Hood | Julies Lifestyle | Natsha in Oz | New Momma Diaries | The Ultimate […]

2. […] Flour Me With Love | Mix It Up Monday | Merry Mondays | Mommy Monday Blog Hop Linking to: Pure Grace Farms | Nana Hood | Julies Lifestyle | Natsha in Oz |New Momma Diaries | The Ultimate Pinterest […]

3. […] Flour Me With Love | Mix It Up Monday | Merry Mondays | Mommy Monday Blog Hop Linking to: Pure Grace Farms | Nana Hood | Julies Lifestyle | Natsha in Oz | New Momma Diaries | The Ultimate Pinterest […]