BLUEBERRY BALSAMIC GLAZED CHICKEN
Have you ever had one of those days when nothing goes right? I’m not talking about a minor issue here or there. I’m speaking of a full blown “this is so comical, there must be a camera somewhere” kinda day. That about sums up what the last 24 hours have been like.
All week I have been preparing to go on vacation and have been working diligently to get all my ducks in a row before I head out. Yesterday started out fairly normal. I was up early, had my cup of coffee and was ready to wrap up my posts for the rest of the week and give myself a nice little pat on the back for a job well done. That smug sentiment didn’t last long enough for me to finish my second cup of coffee.
Rain, thunder, lightning storm…boom! Out goes the internet and phone. No service of any kind for the rest of the day. This is when living in the tulies is not advantageous. I whined to the walls (hubby wasn’t yet home), stomped around the house, and sulked. I eventually gave in to defeat and let it go. Some things are beyond our control. Life doesn’t revolve around whether I can get on the internet or not and a post can be late or postponed. It is not the end of the world. Ultimately a good lesson for me to digest. On the plus side, my house has never been cleaner!
Sweet blueberries, maple syrup and caramelized onions combine with balsamic vinegar, fresh rosemary and oregano to create a rich savory sauce for this delectable chicken dish. A flavorful combination that may just leave you licking your fingers as well as your plate.
[Tweet “#Blueberry Balsamic Glazed #Chicken. Savory #wholefood at it’s best!”]
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small white onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups Blueberries, rinsed and stems removed
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup real maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and butter in a large, heavy, skillet.
- Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add chicken to the pan after butter has melted and is hot and bubbly.
- Sear chicken breasts over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- Remove from the pan and place in a baking dish, set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil and butter to the skillet,
- Add onions and cook until soft and lightly caramelized, 3- 4 minutes.
- Add blueberries and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in vinegar, maple syrup, rosemary, oregano and remaining salt and pepper.
- Simmer about 10 minutes, until blueberries have softened.
- Pour the blueberry balsamic mixture over chicken and put baking dish in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Chicken should no longer be pink in the middle and reach an internal temp of 165 degrees F
Recipe adapted from Driscoll’s: Blueberry-Balsamic Glazed Rosemary Chicken
Blueberry Glazed Balsamic Chicken shared with:
The Deliberate Mom: Shine Blog Hop *Culinary Flavors: The Weekend Social *The Pin Junkie: The Pin Junkie *Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday *The Cookie Puzzle: Party in Your PJ’S * Nancherrow: Friday’s Unfolded *The Diary of A Real Housewife: Foodie Friday’s *In the Kitchen With Jenny: Foodie Friends Friday *Love Bakes Good Cakes: Freedom Friday’s *Captain America and His English Rose: The Pretty Pintastic Party *Create with Joy: Friendship Friday *Army wife to Suburban Life: Pin Your Friday Favorite *A Dish of Daily Life: Foodie Friday’s *What’s on The List: Say G’Day *The Sits Girls: Share Your Favorite Post Saturday *Oh My Heartsie Girl: Weekends are Fun Party * New Mama Diaries: Creative Style LinkUp *2 Crochet Hooks: Snickerdoodle Sunday *Our Rosey Life: Share it Sunday *Our Simple Life: Happiness is Homemade * Create with Joy: Inspire Me Monday * Creative K Kids: Bloggers Brags *It’s a Ginger Snap: Motivate Me Monday * Plucky’s Second Thoughts *Yesterfood: Treasure Box Tuesday *Craving Some Creativity: Turn It Up Tuesday *Cupcakes and Crinoline: Project Inspired *Lou Lou Girls *Mandy’s Recipe Box: Totally Talented Tuesday’s *Crafty Spices: Wordless Wednesday * Creative K Kids: Tasty Tuesdays *Create with Joy: Wordless Wednesday *Our Table For Seven: Share Your Stuff *Mrs New Adventures: Tasty Tuesday’s *Ducks’n a Row:Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop *Smart School House: Whimsy Wednesday *Little Family Adventure: Let’s Get Real *O Taste and See:Family Fun Friday *Imperfectly Happy: Green Thumb Thursday *Lemoine Family Kitchen: The Wednesday Roundup *To Work With My Hands: Wake Up Wednesday * Yum Eating: The Yuck Stops Here
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”