Garden Fresh Zucchini Fritters

Garden Fresh Zucchini Fritters

Garden Fresh Zucchini Fritters

Zucchini recipes are everywhere you look right now. I for one am grateful… keep them com­ing! I’m always on the look out for ways to use up my zuc­chini. There comes a point in the sea­son when I am peer­ing out the win­dow look­ing for a friend, neigh­bor, a stranger, any­one really, to walk by the house. I have my bag filled with zuc­chini all ready and wait­ing. Pity the poor unfor­tu­nate soul who hap­pens to walk by.

Garden Fresh Zucchini Fritters

Can you see me run­ning wildly out the door, zuc­chini fly­ing in every direc­tion, scream­ing like a wild woman “zuc­chini, wait, stop, I have zuc­chini.” It scares the liv­ing day­lights out of my neigh­bors. Dur­ing the month of August I’ve actu­ally seen peo­ple sneak­ing past the house look­ing in all direc­tions as if they are ready to run at the slight­est provo­ca­tion. So you see zuc­chini recipes will actu­ally be sav­ing not only me, but the sur­round­ing county as well. Suggestions always welcome.

Garden Fresh Zucchini Fritters Garden Fresh Zucchini Fritters are all about everything good from the garden. These healthy fritters are simple to throw together, high on flavor and will make a believer out of the most reluctant vegetable eater.

Garden Fresh Zucchini Fritters

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Serves: 4
  • 1½ pounds zucchini (about 2 - 8 " zucchini), shredded
  • ¾ cup fresh corn kernels
  • ½ cup finely diced sweet onion
  • ¼ cup diced sun dried tomatoes (dry pack, not in oil)
  • ½ cup bread crumbs
  • 1 egg, beaten well
  • 2 jalapenos, seeds removed, finely diced
  • 2 oz creamy goat cheese
  • 4 tbsp cream (milk can be substituted)
  • 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
  • 1 tsp salt
  • ½ tsp cumin, divided
  • ¼ tsp pepper
  • Olive oil for griddle
  1. Place grated zucchini in medium sized bowl
  2. Add salt and toss to mix well.
  3. Pour zucchini into fine mesh bag or colander lined with a clean towel. Allow to sit for 10 minutes (salt helps to remove high water content from zucchini).
  4. In the meantime place corn, onions, sun dried tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, pepper and ¼ tsp cumin into medium sized bowl used to mix zucchini and salt.
  5. Once zucchini has sat for 10 minutes, wring out as much liquid as possible from zucchini.
  6. Add zucchini to vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Allow to sit about 5 minutes to assist in softening sun dried tomatoes.
  7. Add dried bread crumbs and beaten egg to vegetable mixture and mix thoroughly.
  8. Heat griddle (or frying pan) on high heat.
  9. Scoop out ⅓ cup of vegetable mixture onto hot griddle, pressing down mixture into a patty with spatula.
  10. Allow to cook until well browned on one side, about 3-4 minutes before turning.
  11. Carefully turn fritter over and continue to cook and additional 3-4 minutes until done.
  12. While fritters are cooking, mix goat cheese with cream until smooth and creamy.
  13. Add remaining ¼ tsp cumin and stir to incorporate.
  14. Serve hot fritters immediately with a dollop of goat cheese cream on top.

Garden Fresh Zucchini Fritters shared with:

* Yum Eating: The Yuck Stops Here *The Homestead Lady: Green Thumb Thursday *Organize 31: Inspire us Thursday *Everyday Family Living: Family Fun Friday *Calm. Healthy. Sexy: Let’s Get Real *The Crafty Wife: The Wednesday Roundup * Daily Dish Of Life: Friday Faves *Kitchen Dreaming: The Weekend Social *Oh My Heartsie Girl: Weekend Fun Party *It’s Your Life: Real Food Fridays  *An Ali Event: Pretty Pintastic *Colorado Tours and Reviews:Friday Favorite *Natasha in Oz: Say G’Day *Whole food Mom: Savory Saturdays *In The Kitchen with Jenny: Foodie Friends Friday *Sitz Girls: Share Your Favorites *2 Crochet Hooks: Snickerdoodle Sunday *Mrs Tee Love Life Laughter: Mommy Monday Blog Hop *The Kolb Corner: Merry Monday Link Party *Creative K Kids: Bloggers Brags  *Plucky’s Second Thoughts *April J. Harris: Hearth and Soul Blog Hop *Recipes and Ramblins:What’d You Do This Weekend *God’s Growing Garden: Tuesday’s With a Twist *Create With Joy: Wordless Wednesday  *Creative K Kids: Tasty Tuesdays *Recipes for Our Daily Bread: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop *The Paper Craze: Creative Spark * The Cookie Puzzle: Party in Your PJ’s *A Savory Feast: Humpday Happenings *Gingerly Made: Show and Tell *Lambert’s Lately: Create it Thursday *Sweet Haute La Dolce Vita  *The Pink Sprinkle: A Wholesome Bunch *The Newlywed Pilgrimage: Moonlight and Mason Jars

Comments

WooHoo! Thank you Raia, sorry it is always hard to contain myself when I hear great news. :) Have a wonderful long weekend and I will be sure to come by tonight and link up!

Oh my gosh! I am posting my recipe for zuke fritters next week on the Sweet Haute site as a guest blogger. I’ll have to try your recipe… it has jalapeños!

To be honest, I went out and took a walk around the garden and started picking. Jalapeno’s were ready, so in they went. :) Looking forward to seeing your recipe next week.

Oh, this has so much YUM going on. In fact, I could really go for a zuke fritter right now!! Thanks so much for linking up at Snickerdoodle Sunday and I hope you’ll come back this week with new project posts!

Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)
    Sarah R. recently posted…Flour Power Spool JewelsMy Profile

I am picking fresh corn from the garden this week and will be making up another batch. This time I will be a little more generous in sharing…well, maybe not! :)

Stopping by to let you know that I’m featuring this yummy recipe as one of my favorites on The Yuck Stops Here rec ipe link party this week! Come by and pick up your “I’ve Been Featured” button anytime! CONGRATULATIONS & HUGS!

If Goat cheese is a little strong or not to your taste one good always use sour cream instead of the goat cheese and cream. Add the cumin to spice it up a bit. Hope this helps.

Thanks Marla. I am posting some great whole food zucchini recipes on Monday. I love the creativity of bloggers on the web. I appreciate you stopping by and taking a moment to leave a comment! :)

4. Heather Haueter says

You’re not the only crazy woman chasing people around with zucchini. We have been inundated this year. I can feel people cringe when I ask if they want any. I just brought an armful in to make bread and shred for freezing. This recipe looks amazing! I will be making it for sure! Thank you!

These look fabulous! I wish I had a garden, but I work full time and don’t think I would tend it as much as I should. I’m thinking of starting one in individual pots though. I think I could handle that. Love that you grow organic!

Thanks Lori. Where I live it is easy to grow organic. We don’t have many pests here and what we do have our more annoying than troublesome. Pretty fortunate where that’s concerned. The area I planted in has had elk roaming over it for years. They must have some potent poo. Because everything here grows like crazy! I appreciate you stopping by.

Thanks Tricia. I am thankfully in the homestretch with my zucchini. While I love it, about this time of year it’s nice to have some tucked away for later and the memories to savour. :)

I never seem to be so creative when it comes to cooking zucchini. Therefore, I usually skip buying it. Thanks for an awesome recipe – I really enjoy your work!

I think a tbsp or two of veganaise would work wonderfully to bind all those delicious veggies together. I would love to hear how it turns out if you decide to make them this way. Thanks for stopping in and taking a moment to share.

The bread crumbs could be omitted if you were looking for something gluten free. I would be tempted to add another egg or maybe some quinoa flakes to hold it all together. Thanks for sharing and stopping by with the kind words too.

Thanks Janine. These really were yummy and I made a total pig of myself eating almost all of them. Good thing they are healthy and guilt free. Thanks for stopping by.

Just hand me a big glass of tea and I would be a very happy girl with these FRESH ZUCCHINI FRITTERS. I love how you spiced them up with a little jalapeno and cumin. YUM!