I love simple and nothing could be easier that my Simple Batter Peach Cobbler. Fresh peaches, whole white wheat flour, raw sugar and cream make up the bulk of the recipe. A lovely treat to enjoy when peaches are in season. If you are fortunate to have extra peaches be sure to freeze a few. That way you can enjoy this delicious dessert long after the peaches have come and gone.
Simple Batter Peach Cobbler
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ cup whole white wheat flour (if using white flour, omit ¼ cup milk)
- ¾ cup raw sugar, plus 1 tbsp for sprinkling
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup cream or half and half
- ¼ milk
- 3 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and pour into a 9-inch round baking dish. Swirl butter to coat pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add cream and milk to dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Pour batter into baking dish. (Batter may be thin, that's as it should be.)
- Arrange peaches on top of batter.
- Sprinkle peaches with 1 tbsp raw sugar.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until batter has set and the top is browned.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Peach Batter Cobbler:
Grow a Good Life: Green Thumb Thursday *Living Well Spending Less: *Thrifty Thursday *Organized 31: Inspire Us Thursday *Juggling Real food and Real Life: Let’s Get Real *The Deliberate Mom: Shine Blog Hop * Nancherrow: Fridays unfolded * It’s Your Life: Real Food Friday *Kitchen Dreaming: The Weekend Social *Snippets of Inspiration: Weekend Wind Down Link Party *Natasha in Oz: Say G’Day *Recipes: Savoring Saturdays*Oh My Heartsie Girl: Weekends Are Fun Party *Sadie Season Goods: Snickerdoodle Sunday *My Pinterventures: Merry Monday Link Party *Yesterfood: Treasure Box Tuesday * April J Harris: Hearth and Soul Blog Hop * Lou Lou Girls: Lou Lou Girls *The Ultimate Linky: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop *Creative K Kids: Tasty Tuesdays *Savvy Southerner: Wow Us Wednesday’s *My Paper Craze: Creative Spark *Pebbles and Piggytails: Saturday Dishes
Simple Batter Peach Cobbler shared with:Cooking Thin With Chef Kathleen: 200 Easy Recipes f or Healthy Weight Loss (afiliate link)
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”