Simple Batter Peach Cobbler

Simple Batter Peach Cobbler So often we focus on the destination so much that we forget to enjoy the journey…Today purpose to take pleasure in the simple things. ~ Unknown Author

Simple Batter Peach Cobbler I love simple and nothing could be easier that my Simple Batter Peach Cobbler.  Fresh peaches, whole white wheat flour, raw sugar and cream make up the bulk of the recipe. A lovely treat to enjoy when peaches are in season. If you are fortunate to have extra peaches be sure to freeze a few. That way you can enjoy this delicious dessert long after the peaches have come and gone.

Simple Batter Peach Cobbler

Simple Batter Peach Cobbler

Simple Batter Peach Cobbler

Simple Batter Peach Cobbler

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Serves: 6
  • 2 tbsp unsalted butter
  • ¾ cup whole white wheat flour (if using white flour, omit ¼ cup milk)
  • ¾ cup raw sugar, plus 1 tbsp for sprinkling
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp cinnamon
  • ¾ cup cream or half and half
  • ¼ milk
  • 3 cups peeled and sliced peaches
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Melt butter and pour into a 9-inch round baking dish. Swirl butter to coat pan.
  3. In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
  4. Add cream and milk to dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
  5. Pour batter into baking dish. (Batter may be thin, that's as it should be.)
  6. Arrange peaches on top of batter.
  7. Sprinkle peaches with 1 tbsp raw sugar.
  8. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until batter has set and the top is browned.
  9. Serve warm.

Recipe adapted from Peach Batter Cobbler:

Grow a Good Life: Green Thumb Thursday *Living Well Spending Less: *Thrifty Thursday *Organized 31: Inspire Us Thursday   *Juggling Real food and Real Life: Let’s Get Real  *The Deliberate Mom: Shine Blog Hop * Nancherrow: Fridays unfolded * It’s Your Life: Real Food Friday  *Kitchen Dreaming: The Weekend Social *Snippets of Inspiration: Weekend Wind Down Link Party *Natasha in Oz: Say G’Day *Recipes: Savoring Saturdays*Oh My Heartsie Girl: Weekends Are Fun Party *Sadie Season Goods: Snickerdoodle Sunday *My Pinterventures: Merry Monday Link Party  *Yesterfood: Treasure Box Tuesday * April J Harris: Hearth and Soul Blog Hop * Lou Lou Girls: Lou Lou Girls *The Ultimate Linky: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop *Creative K Kids: Tasty Tuesdays *Savvy Southerner: Wow Us Wednesday’s *My Paper Craze: Creative Spark *Pebbles and Piggytails: Saturday Dishes

Simple Batter Peach Cobbler shared with:Cooking Thin With Chef Kathleen: 200 Easy Recipes f or Healthy Weight Loss (afiliate link)

Comments

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome blog post on our link party we formerly co-hosted for 23 weeks, (The Weekend Social) I just wanted to update you to our new link party #PureBlogLove. It runs every Thursday 8 pm est-Sunday nights at midnight. The other girls are still hosting the former party on their pages so don’t forget drop by and visit them as well. I hope to see you this week at our new one.
    Have a fantastic night
    Heidy L. McCallum

I have peaches coming out my ears and this cobbler looks amazing! I have made a few already this year but I think I have to make yours too b/c it looks way better than the ones I made! Thank you so much for linking up to Creative K Kids Tasty Tuesdays! I’ll be pinning this on my personal dessert board as well as the Tasty Tuesdays Pinterest Board
    Sydney @ Tastefully Frugal recently posted…Friday Pie Day With A Little BaconMy Profile

I am beginning to step out a little more with GF recipes. Next month is National Cookie Month and I am developing a recipe with Bob’s Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. Should be fun, the GF flour is awesome. Thanks for stopping by.

WoW! This looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it!

Thanks for linking up with Green Thumb Thursday. I hope you’ll stop back this week and join us again.

~Lisa M

Oh peach cobbler is probably an all time favorite next to peach pie. My grandmother baked weekly and there was nothing better than a nice scoop of ice cream or heavy whipping cream from the farm, the flavor is out of this world. I must pin to give your recipe a try.

Have a great weekend!!
    Karren
    Karren Haller recently posted…Weekends Are Fun PartyMy Profile

Thanks Karen. I took a chance using heavy cream with my simple batter, but sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. The flavor is so good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks Bobbi. I am making coffee ice cream tonight if you would like to come by :) Heading over to check out your Chocolate Covered Brownies now. Yum!

This looks AMAZE-ING! I want to sit at your dinner table one night and just smell this. Seriously! We JUST tried peaches with our girls yesterday, and I can’t wait to make this! Happy to see you again at Foodie Friday!
    Kristen recently posted…One New Food – PeachMy Profile

Oh my….I seriously desire a bite from this, right now! BTW: I tried to make the zucchini fritters you posted the other day but realized I was out of some of the ingredients. My zucchini are waiting in the fridge for this!

It might be simple, but it looks and sounds amazing. You know I love peaches, so I will have to try your peach cobbler. I love the crusty topping.
    YUMMY!

Shari, this is genius! So easy, and I love the option of using whole wheat flour. Perfect fall comfort food and great for the weekend get -together s coming up. Love your pictures! Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow

Thanks Carrie. I have pretty much switched over to whole white wheat for everything these days. It works wonderfully and is a bit healthier that white flour. I appreciate your kind comments. Have a great weekend.