FRESH BLACK BEAN SPAGHETTI WITH ZOODLES
A few months ago while visiting my sister, she served the most amazing noodles made from zucchini. She spiraled them from a Paderno World Cuisine Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer. I had never seen one before and I was instantly enamored. The world of vegetables was once again changing for me and I knew that this simple piece of equipment would offer some great opportunities for delicious vegan and whole food meals. As soon as I returned home I jumped right on Amazon and ordered one of these little beauties for my very own.
When my Spiral Vegetable Slicer arrived via UPS I didn’t waste any time and started using it right away. I wasn’t too sure how Tim would take to not having pasta but to my surprise he really enjoyed the raw vegetables.
Today’s Fresh Black Bean Spaghetti with Zoodles has developed from my more adventurous side. The recipe is gluten free, vegan and uses real food from what I have in my garden at present (except the black beans). I hope you enjoy it.
Click the following link to purchase Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pkg (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups cooked and drained black beans (or 2 15 oz cans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 pint tomato sauce (or 2 15 oz cans)
- 1 (2¼ oz) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tsp fresh basil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium (8-10 inch) zucchini, spiraled
- Add 2 tbsp oil to large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, red pepper, garlic and mushrooms. Saute until tender.
- Add black beans, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes until tomatoes have softened.
- Meanwhile, distribute zoodles (sprialed zucchini) onto serving plates.
- Spoon cooked sauce over zoodles and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living Cookbook: Black Bean Spaghetti
Fresh Black Bean Spaghetti shared with:
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”