Pecan Maple Sandies

Pecan Maple Sandies PECAN MAPLE SANDIES

I received  free product for writing this post. As always the opinions are entirely my own.

Yes, I realize Cookie Month ’14 has come and gone; unfortunately my last week’s post met a few setbacks. First there was the intensive last minute work schedule that took up so much of my time. Add to that a minor disaster in the kitchen where I’m temporarily staying that saw my baking schedule as well as everything else go completely topsy turvy.

Pecan Maple Sandies So here I am into November sharing the most excellent of freezing cookies: my Pecan Maple Cookies. If you’re looking for a melt in your mouth cookie with amazing maple and pecan flavor look no further. You’ve hit the mother lode! What makes these cookies so special is the Boyajian Maple Flavor from King Arthur.

Pecan Maple Sandies As a rule I shy away from all purpose flour, but with these cookies nothing else will do for that melt in your mouth experience. King Arthur’s All Purpose flour is unbleached and a great choice when necessary. These cookies have always been one of my husbands favorites and I try to make plenty for now and later. They are the perfect cookies for freezing. After thawing the Maple Pecan Sandies still retain that yummy flavor and the melt in your mouth texture. The only problem you’ll have is keeping them in the freezer. They always seem to disappear to quickly!

Pecan Maple Sandies

Pecan Maple Sandies

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Serves: 4 dozen
  1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
  2. Beat butter, ½ cup powdered sugar and the Boyajian Maple in a large mixing bowl. Add flour, nuts and salt, Beat until dough holds together.
  3. Shape dough into walnut sized balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.Flatten with fork tines.
  4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Do not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack for 2 minutes.
  5. Dust warm cookies in powdered sugar; tapping off excess powdered sugar.
  6. Cool completely on wire rack.
  7. Dust with powdered sugar again.
  8. Place in loosely covered container or freeze for later.

Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker: Russian Tea Cakes

Another good tip for the upcoming holidays.

Craftsy Decorating Class - Affiliate Link

I Love these designer cookies from Craftsy my affiliate link. Sign up free to Craftsy for great ideas, cooking classes and everything crafty. This resource is wonderful!

Sign up here and enter a Craftsy give-a-way for a baking set too! Click here.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received product for free from King Arthur specifically for the Cookie Month 14 Campaign. I was not required to write a positive review. Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Comments

Shari, YOU are a trooper my dear! What a challenge and you still have fabulous pictures and cookies despite it all. I LOVE Pecan Sandies and must give these a try. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow

Thanks Carrie. I admit some days it can be rough! One day at a time. :) I am thankful that God has given me this opportunity. It has helped me tremendously about balance in my life. I am hoping to remember this when I get back to Boise. Thanks for your friendship and encouragement.

2. Roberta McIntosh says

Shari, These cookies are delicious. Best cookies I have had in a long time.Melt in your mouth,maple flavoring is even better than using real maple syrup. I think the flavor gets better as these cookies sit. To bad they didn’t last a little longer. Guess I’ll have to make some more.Yum!
    Can’t wait to check out what else is new with King Arthur.

Thanks Roberta, I agree. They disappeared way to fast (I helped with the disappearing act a little too much :) ). I’ll be sure to make them again before I leave. Love you! :)

These look amazing! We’re starting to harvest our pecans a few a day. I should have enough to start cooking with them shortly, and this is going on the priority list. Thanks so much for sharing! Cookie month was so fun.
    Angi @ SchneiderPeeps recently posted…Pancit BihonMy Profile

The combination of maple with a melt in your mouth texture sounds fabulous! I can’t wait to try a nut free version (though I understand that the pecans add flavor and crunch to your version)! I have been tempted by the Boyajian maple flavoring for a long time. The descriptions say it has more concentrated flavor than other brands. Maple is such a hard flavor to get to really shine in a recipe, and the Boyajian maple flavoring seems to be the answer. Did you find it any different than other brands you may have used?
    Wendy recently posted…Slice-and-Bake Shortbread: one dough, three cookie flavorsMy Profile

Thanks Wendy. The Maple Flavor is definitely more concentrated than any other maple flavoring I have tried and true to a wonderful maple flavor. I am looking forward to using it in my baking this holiday season. Well worth the investment.

You had me at Pecan, not to mention the maple and melt in your mouth. Seriously, these sound amazing! They would be a perfect treat for the holidays.
    Stumbling, pinning, sharing, and Pinterest

Diane

1. […] Now go for it and have a blast! {Heads Up: it can be addictive} Please feel free to ‘Pin‘ or ‘Tweet‘ about the weekly Thursday SWEET HAUTE Share linky party so others can join in on the mayhem, and remember to visit here the following week to see which posts have been featured this week. Features will also be ‘Pinned’ on the SWEET HAUTE Feature Pinterest board! To make your own linky party or gallery of work, click here to sign up, it’s that easy! THANK YOU to everyone that linked up any of their projects at last week’s party.Please visits the posts that are FEATURED!!    Thanksgiving Home Tour- little Brags   Sherried Chicken and Mushrooms with Crispy Sage! Dixie Chik CooksDIY Thanksgiving Photo Boothe- Gingerly Made  Furniture Re-do Accent Table- Victorias Vintage Designs   Pecan Maple Sandies- Pure Grace Farms […]