“If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him… the people who give you their food give you their heart.” – Ceasar Chavez
Chicken breasts seasoned to perfection, seared to seal in every ounce of juicy flavor. Paired with a savory blend of harvest grains which include Israeli style couscous, Orzo, Baby Garbanzo Beans and Red Quinoa. Drizzled over all is a spicy, tart Tomatillo Verde Sauce. Sweet Perfection. Best of all, this meal is simple and quick to prepare. Great for a meal on one of those hectic busy nights.
- 2 Large chicken breasts cut in half ( 4 pieces)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (I used infused hot pepper chili oil)
- 2 tsps sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Harvest Grain Mix (I use Trader Joes, but any grain mix will do)
- Vegetable broth or chicken Stock
- Home canned Tomatillo Verde Sauce (or substitute store bought verde sauce)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken breasts between to sheets of wax paper. l
- Lightly pound chicken to about 1/2 inch thickness. I use my rolling pin and pound with a very light hand to keep the chicken from tearing apart.. Not much pounding will be necessary to produce results. Err on the side of caution. Reducing the thickness of your chicken helps to sear in the juices because the chicken cooks quickly.
- Once chicken is at desired thickness, season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and cook without turning for 3 minutes.
- Turn continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and browned well on both sides.
- Start your grains to cooking prior to searing your chicken so the grains will be done about the same time your chicken is finished cooking.
- Follow directions on package.
- For an extra layer of flavor consider using vegetable broth or chicken stock in place of water.
- Heat sauce on stove, add cilantro after sauce is heated.
- Place one piece of chicken on each plate and a serving of healthy grains. Spoon Tomatillo Verde sauce over all.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]