Ahora es cuando, chile verde, le has de dar sabor al caldo
Translation: Time has come, green chili, to give your flavor to the broth.
Meaning: The moment has come to pull yourself together, act with resolution and show who you are and what you can do.
Pork Tomatillo Verde with Lime – Tender melt in your mouth Pork loin, roasted over a simple lime sauce and then covered with a deliciously spicy Tomatillo Verde.
- 2 to 2 1/2 lbs Boneless Pork Loin
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 Lime, sliced thinly
- 4 Cloves garlic- sliced thinly
- 16 Oz Tomatillo Verde Sauce
- Cotijo Cheese- crumbled (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Rinse and pat dry pork loin.
- Combine sea salt, pepper and chili powder and rub on all surfaces of pork loin.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in dutch oven on medium high heat. Add pork loin, sear on all sides until pork loin is lightly browned.
- Remove pork loin from pan and set aside.
- Lower heat to dutch oven, add lime slices and garlic. Gently saute for 1 to 2 minutes to release juices from lime slices.
- Return pork loin to the dutch oven, fat side up.
- Place pork loin in preheated oven, uncovered, Cook at 325 degrees allowing 20 minutes for each pound of pork loin. Approximately 40 to 50 minutes.
- After pork loin has cooked 20 minutes for each pound. Remove pork loin from oven, pour tomatillo sauce over the pork and return to the oven to cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling.
- Allow Pork loin to sit five minutes before slicing.
- Serve with cotijo cheese (optional) and cilantro sprinkled on top.
- I first made this recipe using 3 whole limes sliced and oh my goodness was it limey. I then cut back on the limes to only 1 and it was just about right for our families taste. If you are not a big fan of lime, I suggest only using 1/2 a lime. The juice from the lime is just enough to keep your pork loin from drying out and adds an extra layer of flavor. Experiment, or make it exactly as written. Above all else, have fun with it. I would love to hear how you liked it or if you made your own touches, so drop me a line and enlighten me.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]