“He’ll come here because I have the most sincere pumpkin patch and he respects sincerity.” – Linus Van Pelt
Pumpkin Bundt Cake With Whiskey Butter Sauce – Oh My! Moist, filled with great flavor and not too sweet. Just one more itsy bitsy piece, thanks.
Fresh Pumpkin is one of the things that makes this cake outstanding. That and the whiskey butter sauce soaked into every crack and cranny of this deliciously moist cake. I decided to go a little light on the spice to allow the rich flavor of the pumpkin (and whiskey) to shine through. If you like a cake with a little more spice feel free to double what’s listed.
Now for a cup of tea and another piece of this cake. Yum.
- I/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin or 1 15oz can pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a large bundt pan generously.
- Melt butter and add to sour cream in large mixing bowl.
- Whisk eggs and stir into butter mixture.
- Add sugar and pumpkin, stir well.
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices into medium sized bowl.
- Add combined flour mixture and milk to the pumpkin mixture alternating flour and milk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour melted butter into bottom of well buttered bundt pan and sprinkle chopped walnuts evenly into bottom of the pan.
- Pour batter on top of the walnuts and butter. Bake in 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted remains clean when removed.
- Whiskey Butter Sauce.
- While cake is cooking, melt 1/4 cup butter in small pan over low heat. Add 1/4 cup brown sugar and stir constantly until sugar is melted and incorporated into the butter. Add 1/4 cup Whiskey. Stir to blend well. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cake is done, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Carefully turn cake onto platter and allow to cool for another 15 minutes.
- After cooled use small skewer to poke holes into all areas of the top of the pumpkin bundt cake. Spoon Whiskey sauce over cake slowly allowing whiskey sauce to soak into cake until sauce is gone.
- A couple notes about this cake. Fresh pumpkin can vary in texture related to the amount of liquid remaining in the puree. Adjust the milk when mixing accordingly. The batter should be somewhat thick, but if it is too dry after adding the 2 cups feel free to add a bit more. Conversely, while mixing the flour and milk into the batter, if the batter seems fairly runny, hold off on some of the milk to keep the batter from becoming to runny.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Whiskey Butter Sauce shared with:
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”