Roasted peppers are simply delicious and add great flavor to sandwiches, salads and soup. After roasting, cut the peppers in quarters, slice, chop or dice them. Package them in single use portions and freeze. When thawed, they can be used for any recipe that calls for roasted peppers. The consistency of the roasted pepper does not change after freezing.
- Peppers- sweet or hot
- Heat oven to 500 degrees
- Wash peppers and pat dry. No need to core or seed them.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Spread peppers on baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes, turning peppers every 10 minutes.
- Peppers will be blistered and blackened in some areas, this is perfectly okay.
- Remove peppers after 30 minutes and immediately cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Allow peppers to cool until able to handle easily.
- Remove skin from peppers which should easily peel off.
- Pepper core should also come away easily.
- Rinse lightly to remove seeds.
- Cut to desired size.
- Once peppers are roasted and skin and core removed you may store in the refrigerator for about a week or freeze them in portion size packages. If freezing wrap well, date and label. Best if used within 6 months.
How to Roast Peppers shared with: