Please excuse the wonderful mess of delicious almond flour, butter, pecans and vanilla. If you are brave enough to try them for yourself, let me know how yours turn out. In the meantime, I am exhausted and going to skip the milk and cookies and go straight for a little holiday spirits.
- 1 1/2 Sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for coating
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups almond meal flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 325 F
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy.
- Beat in water and vanilla.
- With mixer on low, beat in almond flour.
- Stir in pecans.
- For each cookie, for a scant 2 tbsp dough into a small roll, about 1 1/2 in long. Dough will be sticky so moisten hands with water to form.
- Bake 2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet until lightly browned. About 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- It is important to blend these cookies well so the butter is evenly incorporated to prevent pockets of butter that will keep these cookies from setting properly and cause the cookies to spread excessively. Delicious even if they do, just not so pretty.
[ois skin=”pure grace”] Want to help Support PureGraceFarms? If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support. Shop Amazon – Top Holiday Deals