Pasta Salad Bar: The Ultimate DIY
A pasta salad bar is a stroke of genius when it comes to camping. Everything can be prepared ahead of time. All that is left to do is pull the fixings out of the cooler, put out a few plates and holler come and get it. No need to load up on mayonnaise either. Grab a few of your favorite dressings to pour on top. Easy peasy and everyone gets to add the bits and pieces that they like. See, you can please everyone!
- 1 lb Pasta of your choice, (I prefer small shells) cooked according to package directions.di diced Assortment of veggies:
- green and red peppers ¼ inch dice
- frozen corn, thawed
- frozen green peas, thawed
- sweet onion, ¼ inch dice
- sliced black olives
- cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Meat, cheese and/or chicken, chopped
- Assorted dressings
- Cook pasta according to package direction (a little on the al dente side is best)
- Rinse, drain and place in heavy duty zip lock bag. Chill.
- Place assorted vegetables, meats and cheese in small ziploc bags.
- When time to serve, place pasta in large bowl.
- Place assorted vegetables, meats and cheese in individual small bowls.
- Set out dressings.
- Allow everyone to serve themselves, building their own Happy Camper Pasta Salad as desired.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”