White Bean and Garlic Dip is a refreshing new take on bean dip that leaves everyone asking for more. It is also vegan, paleo and gluten free.
Spread on flat breads, crackers or scooped up with crunchy vegetables or tortilla chips. A simple appetizer that everyone will love and leaves you with more time to concentrate on other things, making it just about perfect in my book.
The TRU 3-Crock Buffet Slowcooker is awesome for making these smaller portions and works great for serving too.
- 2 cans (19 oz each) Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth, white wine or water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Hot sauce for drizzling
- Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Reserve 1 cup of the beans. In a blender, puree remaining beans, the broth, garlic, shallots an rosemary until smooth.
- Transfer bean mixture to slow cooker with reserved beans and carrots.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Stir in lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle hot sauce on top.
- Serve with cut up vegetables, crackers, tortilla chips or flat breads.