“Yes, I’ll have a non-fat, decaf latte, please. Oh, what the hell? Look, make it a full-fat mocha with extra whipped cream. What the hell, put a slice of bacon on it!” -Dr. Frasier Crane, “Frasier
Bacon woven neatly together in a neat little package. Start bacon off in the oven and finish it up on the grill for a crisp, salty bundle of flavor. Wonderfully inventive to keep bacon together when on a sandwich, allowing for more bacon goodness in every bite. Especially great for BLT’s when it’s best to keep the bacon on the sandwich and not in your lap!
Who doesn’t love bacon?
Even if you say you don’t,
In your heart of hearts,
You know you do!
- 6 strips bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut bacon strips in half vertically.
- Place 3 half strips of bacon on prepared baking sheet in vertical row, lying side by side.
- With the 3 remaining halves of bacon, place on top of vertical row of bacon and weave horizontally, to form a square.
- Place bacon in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, turn bacon carefully and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place bacon on a preheated grill for 3 minutes or until beginning to brown, turn bacon carefully and continue cooking until bacon is crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Preparing bacon squares ahead: After removing bacon from oven, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]