Happy Camper Turkey Chili
Healthy and delicious Happy Camper Turkey Chili is the perfect camp supper. Preparation is a snap and everything comes together all in one pot. A simple meal that tastes great with less time spent cooking and more time to spend with family and friends.
- 1 lb Ground Turkey extra lean
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 hatch or Anaheim Chili, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cans 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can14.4 oz black beans, drained
- ½ can of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ corriander
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Heat heavy duty pan over fire or propane burner (ie Coleman stove)
- Add olive oil, onions, and pepper. Stir until onion and peppers are soft. (3-4 minutes)
- Add ground turkey and brown slightly, breaking turkey up into little chunks as you brown.
- Add seasonings, diced tomatoes, and black beans and water. Stir and bring all to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring once half way through to prevent sticking.
- Serve with shredded cheese on top, if desired.
Happy Camper Turkey Chili shared with:
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”