Growing up as I did in San Diego, frequent trips were made to Tijuana, Mexico and Rosarito Beach just south of the border. The best thing ever was the little vendors plying their wares and the Carne Asada Street Tacos that were on just about every street corner in the city. I developed this recipe with those simple and delicious street tacos in mind.
- 1/4 cup Tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 serrano chile, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 4 tbsp oil (any good quality oil will do, I used avocado oil)
- 1 1/2 lbs skirt steak, flank steak, or any good quality beef (I used prime rib steak, but no need to go crazy here. The marinade will make any cut of meat tender)
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Additional oil for grill
- Blue corn Tortillas
- Corn Tortillas
- Fresh Garden Salsa
- Cotija Cheese
- Tomatillo Verde Sauce
- Diced white onions
- Lime wedges
- Avocado slices
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the tequila, lime juice, serrano, garlic, cilantro, oil and onion. Mix well.
- Place steak and marinade into large Ziplock bag. Close the bag tightly, removing as much air as possible while doing so.
- Place steak in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 2 hours. Turning bag occasionally to make sure the meat is well permeated with the marinade.
- Lightly oil grill and preheat a grill on high. Remove steak from ziplock bag, lightly pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak for about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let meat rest 10 minutes before cutting to allow juices to settle. Slice the steak against the grain into small thin slices.
- Serve meat with warm tortillas and desired condiments on top.
- The easiest way to serve your Carne Asada Street Tacos is to let everyone assemble their own. Place your condiments alongside the warmed tortillas, and Carne Asada and try different combinations. Fun and delicious entertaining at its best.
You might also like:
[ois skin=”pure grace”] Want to help Support PureGraceFarms? If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support.