You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six. – Yogi Berra
Fresh ingredients is what make all the difference when looking for a pizza recipe that stands out in a crowd. Parmesan and Basil Pizza Pie Dough is crafted using fresh basil and Parmesan cheese to create a crispy salty bite that works well with the rich vibrant taste of the Homemade Garden Fresh Pizza Sauce. The fresh pizza sauce is simmered slowly to bring out the rich flavor of the fresh herbs, tomatoes, and garden vegetables. Toppings on the pizza include thinly sliced fresh garden tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and chopped basil for just the right amount of fresh garden flavor. A pizza you will enjoy making over and over again.
- Parmesan and Basil Pizza Dough
- Homemade Garden Fresh Pizza Sauce
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz fresh sliced mozzarella
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 to 10 fresh chopped basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Roll or stretch dough to form a large circle about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick ( I prefer a thicker pizza dough but totally up to your preference).
- Place on pizza stone that has been dusted with cornmeal, or a lightly oiled pizza pan
- Spread 3/4 cup sauce onto pizza dough.
- Place sliced tomatoes, fresh sliced mozzarella and chopped basil leaves on top of pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh shaved Parmesan cheese and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Bake at 425 F for 25-30 minutes or until topping is bubbly and crust is lightly browned.
- It is best to place pizza on the top rack when cooking. The heat rises and is trapped at the top of the oven allowing the pizza to cook more evenly in a higher temperature oven. All ovens vary in their heat conductivity so be sure to check your pizza often. The thinner the pizza the faster it will cook. If the toppings are browning too quickly, place pizza on lower rack and continue cooking until crust is done.