Macadamia Nut Dream bars are a new twist on an old favorite, the seven layer bar. I chose to switch things up a bit with vanilla wafers as the cookie crust base and top it off with macadamia nuts. Beware, these bars are addictive. I bet you can’t eat just one.
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Wafer Crumbs (about 50 Vanilla Wafers)
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and pour on top of parchment paper. Tilt pan to spread butter evenly.
- Sprinkle vanilla wafer crumbs over melted butter.
- Layer chocolate chips, then butterscotch chips on top of crumbs.
- Sprinkle coconut over this, then drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over all.
- Sprinkle with the chopped macadamia nuts.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Once cooled, lift cookies with parchment paper from pan.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Place vanilla wafers in food processor and process until cookies have become finely crumbled. If you have no food processor, place wafers in a plastic ziploc bag and roll over cookies with rolling pin until cookies have become finely crumbed.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]
Want to help Support PureGraceFarms? If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support.
Shop Amazon – Top Holiday Deals