Melting moments are versatile. Whether these cookies are rolled in coconut, sprinkle with crushed peppermints or dolloped with a cherry, imagination is your only limitation. I add cocoa powder to a batch for an additional variation. Not only are these cookies beautiful, but they truly do melt in your mouth. If you only have time to bake one cookie, these are the ones for you.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Argo® or Kingsford's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® 100% Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- add 1/4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- and an additional tsp of milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, cornstarch and powdered sugar in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter in large bowl with mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add flour mixture (cocoa if using), vanilla and milk; beat until well blended. (If necessary, refrigerate dough 30 minutes to 1 hour or until easy to handle.)
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets,flatten slightly with floured fork.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove; cool completely on wire racks. Store in a tightly covered container.
- Sprinkle cookies with coconut, crushed peppermint candies, sprinkles, or place pecan or sliced almonds on top of cookie.Use your imagination when decorating these cookies.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]
Want to help Support PureGraceFarms? If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support.
Shop Amazon – Top Holiday Deals