I searched the internet this morning for a rhubarb quote, determined to find something suitable to set off today’s post on how to freeze rhubarb. I mean really folks, a little inspiration here please. This is rhubarb we are talking about. I was easily supplied with the basics of Rhubarb via google…
rhu-barb /ˈro͞oˌbärb/ noun
- the thick leaf stalks of a cultivated plant of the dock family, which are reddish or green and eaten as a fruit after cooking.
- the large-leaved Eurasian plant that produces rhubarb.
Now don’t you feel informed? But nowhere else does anyone have much to say about this good old tasty fruit.
Poor neglected rhubarb. I would like to lift your spirits my little tart fruit and elevate your stature with all my heart, but alas, I am forced to leave my readers with a quote from the movie Batman, of all things. Spoken to Bruce Wayne by the Joker and referring to his relationship with Vicki Vale.
Never rub another man’s rhubarb! – The Joker
I feel your shame rhubarb, I feel your shame.
- Fresh rhubarb stalks
- Remove leafy stems from rhubarb, rinse well and pat dry. Cut rhubarb on diagonal in 1" to 1½" slices.
- Place rhubarb on parchment lined baking sheet, spaced without touching.Freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer, place rhubarb in heavy duty freezer bag. Label and date, and return to freezer.