Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness.
― Pearl S. Buck
Today, I am grateful! No, I don’t have a million bucks in the bank, a shiny new car, or a closet full of designer clothes. I can’t jet off whenever I choose to exotic destinations and swim with the dolphins. Few of my accomplishments would be held up by the world’s standards as worthy of accolades.
But I do have joy for new beginnings and a fresh start every morning. I know love from my Father in heaven who adores me. Peace is mine in periods of difficulty. Grace has been given for moments of failure. With great expectancy and hope I look out towards the future.
- 4-5 med multicolored carrots, shredded (2 cups)
- 1 lg tart green apple, shredded
- ¼ cup raisins or dried cherries
- Juice from ½ squeezed lemon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Place all ingredients into medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.