I absolutely adore vegetables and I can’t seem to get enough of them this time of year, so I was thrilled to start harvesting my broccoli this past weekend!
I couldn’t resist nibbling on the fresh crunchy green stalks as I was putting those big beautiful heads into my basket, all the while dreaming of Spicy Stir Fried Broccoli and Peanut Sauce soon to be on the table.
- ⅓ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- ½ cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil (or any good quality oil)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1½ pounds broccoli crowns, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- Place peanut butter into a medium sized microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 30 seconds to soften.
- Whisk in ¼ cup water, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and vinegar until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, until broccoli turns bright green and begins to soften, about 5- 6 minutes. May get a little brown in spots, this is okay.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup water and 1 tablespoon soy sauce, bell pepper and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until the pepper has softened and the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the reserved peanut sauce and season with crushed red pepper.
- Garnish with peanuts.
Recipe very lightly adapted from Eating Well; Spicy Stir Fried Broccoli and Peanuts
Spicy Stir Fried Broccoli and Peanut Sauce Shared with:
New Mama’s Diaries: Creative with Style
21st Century Housewife: Hearth and Soul
Our Delightful Home: Show Me What You Got
Yesterfood: Treasure Box Tuesday
Lou Lou Girls: Lou Lou Girls
Nap time Creations: Create Link Inspire
3GLOL: Teach Me Tuesday
Mandy’s Recipe Box: Totally Talented Tuesdays
Creative K Kids: Tasty Tuesday’s
Southern Beauty Guide: Let’s Be Friends
Detours in Life: Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday
The Shady Porch: Party on the Porch
Foody Schmoody: The Wednesday Roundup
My Paper Craze: The Creative Spark
Lambert’s Lately: Create it Thursday
Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday
Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyholic: Pin it Party
Happy and Blessed Home: Family Fun Friday
Turnips 2 Tangerines: Four Seasons Blog Hop
*Kitchen Dreaming: Weekend Social
*In the Kitchen with Jenny: Foodie Friend Friday
*Coffee With us 3: Pretty Pintastic
*Create with Joy: Inspire Me Monday
*My Pinterventures: Merry Mondays
* Creative K Kids: Bloggers Brags
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”