Garden Fresh Zucchini Fritters
Zucchini recipes are everywhere you look right now. I for one am grateful… keep them coming! I’m always on the look out for ways to use up my zucchini. There comes a point in the season when I am peering out the window looking for a friend, neighbor, a stranger, anyone really, to walk by the house. I have my bag filled with zucchini all ready and waiting. Pity the poor unfortunate soul who happens to walk by.
Can you see me running wildly out the door, zucchini flying in every direction, screaming like a wild woman “zucchini, wait, stop, I have zucchini.” It scares the living daylights out of my neighbors. During the month of August I’ve actually seen people sneaking past the house looking in all directions as if they are ready to run at the slightest provocation. So you see zucchini recipes will actually be saving not only me, but the surrounding county as well. Suggestions always welcome.
Garden Fresh Zucchini Fritters are all about everything good from the garden. These healthy fritters are simple to throw together, high on flavor and will make a believer out of the most reluctant vegetable eater.
- 1½ pounds zucchini (about 2 - 8 " zucchini), shredded
- ¾ cup fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup finely diced sweet onion
- ¼ cup diced sun dried tomatoes (dry pack, not in oil)
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed, finely diced
- 2 oz creamy goat cheese
- 4 tbsp cream (milk can be substituted)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin, divided
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Olive oil for griddle
- Place grated zucchini in medium sized bowl
- Add salt and toss to mix well.
- Pour zucchini into fine mesh bag or colander lined with a clean towel. Allow to sit for 10 minutes (salt helps to remove high water content from zucchini).
- In the meantime place corn, onions, sun dried tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, pepper and ¼ tsp cumin into medium sized bowl used to mix zucchini and salt.
- Once zucchini has sat for 10 minutes, wring out as much liquid as possible from zucchini.
- Add zucchini to vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Allow to sit about 5 minutes to assist in softening sun dried tomatoes.
- Add dried bread crumbs and beaten egg to vegetable mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Heat griddle (or frying pan) on high heat.
- Scoop out ⅓ cup of vegetable mixture onto hot griddle, pressing down mixture into a patty with spatula.
- Allow to cook until well browned on one side, about 3-4 minutes before turning.
- Carefully turn fritter over and continue to cook and additional 3-4 minutes until done.
- While fritters are cooking, mix goat cheese with cream until smooth and creamy.
- Add remaining ¼ tsp cumin and stir to incorporate.
- Serve hot fritters immediately with a dollop of goat cheese cream on top.
Garden Fresh Zucchini Fritters shared with:
* Yum Eating: The Yuck Stops Here *The Homestead Lady: Green Thumb Thursday *Organize 31: Inspire us Thursday *Everyday Family Living: Family Fun Friday *Calm. Healthy. Sexy: Let’s Get Real *The Crafty Wife: The Wednesday Roundup * Daily Dish Of Life: Friday Faves *Kitchen Dreaming: The Weekend Social *Oh My Heartsie Girl: Weekend Fun Party *It’s Your Life: Real Food Fridays *An Ali Event: Pretty Pintastic *Colorado Tours and Reviews:Friday Favorite *Natasha in Oz: Say G’Day *Whole food Mom: Savory Saturdays *In The Kitchen with Jenny: Foodie Friends Friday *Sitz Girls: Share Your Favorites *2 Crochet Hooks: Snickerdoodle Sunday *Mrs Tee Love Life Laughter: Mommy Monday Blog Hop *The Kolb Corner: Merry Monday Link Party *Creative K Kids: Bloggers Brags *Plucky’s Second Thoughts *April J. Harris: Hearth and Soul Blog Hop *Recipes and Ramblins:What’d You Do This Weekend *God’s Growing Garden: Tuesday’s With a Twist *Create With Joy: Wordless Wednesday *Creative K Kids: Tasty Tuesdays *Recipes for Our Daily Bread: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop *The Paper Craze: Creative Spark * The Cookie Puzzle: Party in Your PJ’s *A Savory Feast: Humpday Happenings *Gingerly Made: Show and Tell *Lambert’s Lately: Create it Thursday *Sweet Haute La Dolce Vita *The Pink Sprinkle: A Wholesome Bunch *The Newlywed Pilgrimage: Moonlight and Mason Jars
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”