Klondike Royale Potatoes
Aren’t these the most beautiful potatoes you’ve ever seen? The medium sized round potato has a light to medium golden color accented with distinct purple crescent markings around the eyes. As lovely as the potatoes are on the outside, what’s under the eye catching skin only gets better.
Klondike Brands is unveiling the newest addition to their already great line-up of delicious potatoes; The Klondike Royale.The gourmet Klondike Royale potato with its creamy yellow flesh has a deliciously decadent buttery flavor and its naturally smooth texture is perfect for baking, roasting or mashing. Altogether enticing, I believe I could kiss them!
I have been given the honor and privilege of helping to introduce these gorgeous Klondike Royale potatoes. Can you see my happy dance? This was a no brainer for me, as I had the opportunity to taste these potatoes back in May at a conference I attended. I do believe it was love at first taste.
I would like to tell the story of how Klondike Royale and I first met (okay the story’s fictitious but go with me here, I’m on a roll). Where was I, oh yes I remember…one day while strolling through the produce section, there sitting between the carrots and turnips, a vision of loveliness caught my attention. Klondike Royale all bathed in yellow with her random purple splashes was calling my name. Our “eyes” met and I was instantly smitten. Love was in the air right there amongst the radishes. I knew then and there my destiny was tied with that seductive yellow and purple Klondike Royale potato. A masterpiece fit for Royalty was on the horizon.
Klondike Royale Au Gratin Potatoes : Taste The Love in Every Bite
Smooth, buttery Klondike Royale potatoes combined with a full-flavored cheese sauce will leave you swooning over Klondike Royale Au Gratin Potatoes . You will fall in love over and over again with every delicious, delectable bite. But don’t take my word for it, head out today and pick up a few of these Royale potatoes. Then you too can taste the love in every bite.
- 6 - 8 Klondike Royale potatoes (3 pounds)
- 2¼ cups whole milk, divided
- 12 oz cheddar cheese, shredded. (set aside 1 cup of cheese to be used on top of Au Gratin Potatoes prior to placing in the oven)
- 2 oz Havarti or fontina cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, plus more for buttering pan
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1½ tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ - 1 Chipotle in adobo sauce (depending on taste), finely minced.
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter a 13" X 9" baking pan, set aside.
- Wash potatoes of dirt and residue. Slice potatoes into ¼ rounds (no need to peel).
- Place potato slices in medium bowl, add water to cover and ½ tsp sea salt. Set aside.
- Over low heat, melt 3 tbsp butter in medium sized sauce pan.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until garlic is fragrant and just beginning to color.
- Add 3 tbsp flour, whisking until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of whole milk, whisking until thickened.
- Add additional 1¼ cups milk, minced chipotle, cheddar cheese (keeping 1 cup in reserve), and remaining tsp of sea salt. Stir until combined and cook over medium heat until sauce is hot and bubbly(about 3-4 minutes) stirring frequently.
- Drain potatoes and add to cheese sauce, stirring to coat all potato slices. Cover immediately and remove from heat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour potatoes and sauce into generously buttered baking pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and havarti on top of potatoes.
- Add breadcrumbs.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until bubbling and bread crumbs are browned on top and potatoes are tender.
- Cool for 5 - 10 minutes.
Klondike Royale Au Gratin Potatoes shared with:
Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday *Sweet Haute *Happy and Blessed Home:Family Fun Friday *Juggling Real Life and Real Food: Let’s Get Real *Love Bakes Good Cakes: Freedom Fridays *The Pin Junkie *Kitchen Dreaming: The Weekend Social *Natasha in Oz: Say G’Day *Jenny In the Kitchen: Foodie Friends Friday *The Homesteadlady: Farm Hop *3 Little Greenwoods: Show Me Saturday *2 Crochet Hooks: Snickerdoodle Sunday * Sondra Lyn at Home: Share it Sunday *New Mama Diaries: Creative Style Linkup *My Creative Days: Homemade Link Party *The Squishable Baby: Mommy Monday Blog Hop * Craving some Creativity: Merry Mondays *Create with Joy: Inspire Me Monday *Houseeologie: Link It Or Lump It *Plucky’s Second Thoughts *Happiness Blogger: Bloggers Brags *Creative K Kids: Tasty Tuesdays *April J Harris: Hearth and Soul *A Mother’s Shadow: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop *Far From Normal: Wake-Up Wednesday *A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure: Tickle My Tastebuds *Crafty Wife: The Wednesday Roundup *The Cookie Puzzle: Party in Your Pjs
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”