NATIONAL COOKIE MONTH
October is National Cookie Month and I’m teaming up with a great group of Bloggers to celebrate cookies! Each blogger is unique in the style they bring to the table so this should be fun.
Each week we will present fabulous cookie recipes along with tips, tricks and great ideas to make amazing cookies. The holidays are just around the corner so follow along this month and get ahead of the game. Organize, plan and put a few cookies in the freezer. Then sit back and relax when everyone else is stressed out and a bit crazy. Wouldn’t that be nice!
KICK OFF WEEK
I received a free jar of SunButter for writing this post. As always the opinions are entirely my own.
WHOLESOME SUNBUTTER BREAKFAST COOKIES
I couldn’t think of a more perfect way to kick off National cookie month than the Wholesome SunButter Breakfast Cookie. Healthy, wholesome and nutritious, these cookies are a perfect way to start the day. I used SunButter in my breakfast cookies and loved the results. The delicious nut-free sunflower seed spread turned out to be quite tasty, even on its own. I found myself dipping into the jar with a spoon a little more than I should have. I was lucky to have enough left over to make cookies!
On the nutritional side, the SunButter spread provides a hefty amount of Vitamin E, double the fiber of peanut butter, with no hydrogenated oils and o% trans fatty acids. Maybe not very exciting news but when we’re talking about cookies, I like the sound of that!
Wholesome SunButter Breakfast Cookies with their touch of sweetness, cinnamon and chocolate may make you forget they are good for you too!
5 Cookie Tips to Make great cookies every time
- Select quality ingredients – cookies will only be as good as the ingredients used to make them
- Don’t overload the oven – temperature fluctuations occur and the lack of proper air circulation can cause uneven browning. Bake in the middle of the oven one cookie sheet at a time
- Don’t overcook – check cookies at the minimum time allowed to prevent overcooking and dried out cookies
- Cool cookie sheet between batches – Prevents the unnecessary spread and uneven baking of cookies
- Cool cookies completely before storing – prevents cookies from getting soggy or deteriorating too soon
- 4 tbsp Kerrygold unsalted butter
- ½ cup SunButter Natural Sunflower Seed Spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Sucranat (or other unrefined cane sugar)
- ¾ cup Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat White Flour
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- ⅓ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place butter and a Sunbutter Sunflower Spread into a large bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stirring to combine.
- Add unrefined cane sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Place remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir until just mixed.
- Drop tablespoon full of batter onto buttered cookie sheet about 1½ inches apart and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Store in closed airtight container to maintain softness.
Adapted from The Lean Green Bean: Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Another good tip for National Cookie Month.
I Love these designer cookies from Craftsy my affiliate link. Sign up free to Craftsy for great ideas, cooking classes and everything crafty. This resource is wonderful!
Sign up here and enter a Craftsy give-a-way for a baking set too! Click here.
Be sure to check out my cookie month partners and their amazing recipes and tips for you this week.
- Sheila at Life, Love, and Good Food
- Tessa at Homestead Lady
- Chris at Joybilee Farm
- Angi at Schneiderpeeps
- Wendy at The Monday Box
- Kathie at Homespun Seasonal Living
- Tessa at Homestead Lady
- Wendy at The Monday Box
- Lauren at Wicked Spatula
- Jess at The 104 Homestead
- Nikki at Nik Snacks
The following companies generously sponsored various cookie month projects. I may not have used all of them in my recipes, but this project is in no small part thanks to them and their incredible contributions: Bob’s Red Mill, The Daily Meal, India Tree, KerryGold, King Arthur Flour, Product of GIR, KaTom, SunButter & Wilton.
Wholesome SunButter Breakfast Cookies shared with:
Weekend Craft: Creative Spark Link Party *God’s Growing Garden: The Great Blog Train The Newlywed Pilgrimage: Moonlight and Mason Jars * Crafty Wife: The Wednesday Roundup *The Cookie Puzzle: Party in your PJs *Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday *Sweet Haute *Happy and Blessed Home:Family Fun Friday *Juggling Real Life and Real Food: Let’s Get Real *Love Bakes Good Cakes: Freedom Fridays *The Pin Junkie *Kitchen Dreaming: The Weekend Social *Natasha in Oz: Say G’Day *Jenny In the Kitchen: Foodie Friends Friday *The Homesteadlady: Farm Hop *3 Little Greenwoods: Show Me Saturday *My Creative Days: Homemade Link Party *The Squishable Baby: Mommy Monday Blog Hop * Craving some Creativity: Merry Mondays *Create with Joy: Inspire Me Monday *Houseeologie: Link It Or Lump It *Plucky’s Second Thoughts *Happiness Blogger: Bloggers Brags
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received product for free from SunButter specifically for the Cookie Month 14 Campaign. I was not required to write a positive review. Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”