I am a huge fan of Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup, definitely in the top ten of my all time favorite soups to eat.
Tomatoes, onions, garlic, red sweet peppers, and a few spicy jalapenos drizzled with oil, roasted and caramelized to perfection. This all adds up to a delicious garden fresh flavor that is difficult to surpass.
Oh my, so much deliciousness in one creamy, garden fresh, savory bite. I could eat this soup everyday and never get tired of it. I hope you enjoy it and it becomes one of your favorites, just as it is mine.
- 6 large tomatoes, cored and cut in quarters
- 3 large red peppers, rinsed and patted dry or several quarters of already prepared roasted red peppers
- 4 large cloves of garlic, cut in half
- 1/2 large onion chopped roughly
- 2- 4 red jalapenos (cored and seeded, if you prefer a less spicy soup)
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk or cream
- Parmesan Cheese- freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place vegetables on baking sheet
- Lightly brush vegetables with olive oil
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake at 500 for 30 minutes. Lightly shaking vegetables to turn every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven after 30 minutes. If roasting peppers, place aluminum foil over entire baking sheet and allow peppers to cool about 20 minutes until cool enough to handle
- Remove peppers carefully, peel and seed.
- Place all vegetables and their juices in medium stock pan.
- Add vegetable broth and heat on medium heat until boiling, Reduce heat and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. With stick blender, blend soup until smooth. (if you do not have a stick blender, allow soup to cool slightly and carefully add to blender, puree, return to pan and heat)
- Add milk or cream, salt and pepper to taste. Heat again slightly but do not boil, as this will cause the milk to curdle.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- I make a batch of roasted red peppers and freeze them to have on hand when I am ready to make this soup (find how to roast peppers on "in the Pantry" menu bar), which makes this soup a quick and easy meal when I am short on time.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]