Artichoke-Parmesan dip is warm and wonderful, quick and easy with very little mess to clean up.
Spread on flat breads, crackers or scooped up with crunchy vegetables. A simple appetizer that everyone will love and leaves you with more time to concentrate on other things, making it just about perfect in my book.
The TRU 3-Crock Buffet Slowcooker is awesome for making these smaller portions and works great for serving too.
- 2 Pkg (9oz each) Frozen Artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1 Pkg (8oz) neufchatel cheese, softened (cream cheese if not watching calories)
- 1/2 cup mayonaise (may use light)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 shallots, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves ( or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, slivered (optional)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or more to taste.
- Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, neufchatel, mayonnaise, Parmesan, shallots, garlic and thyme, tomatoes (if using).
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours.
- Stir in parsley, lemon juice and salt.
- Serve with assortment of crackers, flat breads or vegetables.