GREEN BEANS ALMONDINE WITH A LEMON TWIST
Green beans are plentiful here at Pure Grace Farms right now. One of my husband’s favorites, I could fix them every night and he would be thrilled. Tim is the one that usually takes the trip to the garden to pick them. He says he wants to help, but secretly I think it really has to do with the fact that he likes them best straight off the vines. I prefer them lightly blanched so today’s recipe highlights my favorite way to cook green beans. Steamed till crisp tender and lightly buttered with lemon and almonds. Whole food at it’s best! I hope you enjoy them.
- 1 lb tender new green beans, washed with stem ends trimmed
- ⅓ cup raw blanched slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place a steamer basket in to a large saucepan and fill with water just below the level of the steam basket.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add green beans to steam basket, cover and steam green beans for 4 minutes.
- Remove green beans immediately, drain.
- Meanwhile melt butter in large skillet.
- Add almonds and stir continuously until butter and almonds begin to color. Remove from heat.
- Add green beans, sea salt and pepper. Toss well until beans are coated with the butter.
- Return to medium high heat and cook for a minute or two until beans are warmed.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and serve immediately.
Green Beans Almondine with a Lemon Twist shared with:
Yum Eating: The Yuck Stops Here *Organized 31: Inspire us Thursday *My Paper Craze: Creative Spark *Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday *The Pink Sprinkle: A Wholesome Bunch *Juggling Real food and Real Life: Let’s Get Real *It’s Your Life: Real Food Fridays *Oh My Heartsie Girl: Weekend Fun Party *In the Kitchen with Jenny: Foodie Friends Friday * Snippets of Inspiration: Weekend Wine-Down *Homemaking with Style: Creative Style Link Up * 2 Crochet Hooks: Snickerdoodle Sunday *Sondra Lyn at Home: Share it Sunday * Baking In Pyjamas:Sweet and Savory Sunday *My Pinterventures: Merry Mondays *Mrs Tee Love Life Laughter: Mommy Monday Blog Hop *The Ultimate Linky: Bloggers Brags * Plucky’s Second Thoughts
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”