Big Soft Ginger Cookies are soft, chewy, and fabulous. Ginger, cloves, and cinnamon spices help set the mood for everything Christmas.
- 3/4 cup butter(1 1/2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]
Want to help Support PureGraceFarms? If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support.
Shop Amazon – Top Holiday Deals