Chocolate-Espresso Snowcaps have the beautiful look of snow covered mountains and a deep dark chocolate and espresso flavor. Some cookies just hint at espresso but not these cookies. You will find delicious espresso flavor in every bite.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Confectioners' sugar, for coating
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, espresso, baking powder, and salt.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg until well combined; mix in cooled chocolate.
- With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; beat in milk until just combined.
- Flatten dough into a disk; wrap in plastic.
- Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Pour confectioners' sugar (about 1/2 cup) into a ziploc bag, drop balls into bag, shake gently to thoroughly cover balls with powdered sugar, allowing them to sit in sugar until ready to place on baking sheet.
- Place on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies have spread and coating is cracked, 12 to 14 minutes; cookies will still be soft to the touch. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- I found that the dough softened pretty quickly when taking out of the freezer so I cut the dough in half and returned to the freezer while making the first set of rolled cookies. Placed the first batch on the baking sheet, and then started the second batch.
- Be sure to thoroughly coat the cookies with powdered sugar for the best snowcap effect.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]
Want to help Support PureGraceFarms? If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support.