Coconut Macaroons Dipped in Chocolate right from the oven are deliciously crisp on the outside with a soft chewy center. When dipped in chocolate with a drizzle on top these cookies are taken to a whole new level. A quick and easy recipe to throw together with outstanding results. Tuck a roasted almond or two in the center before baking for a special added treat.
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (720 ml) sweetened dried coconut (shredded or flaked)
- Roasted Almonds (optional)
- 4 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening or butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs until well beaten.
- Whisk in the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the coconut, making sure all the coconut is thoroughly moistened.
- Place small mounds of the batter on the parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing several inches apart. If desired, place a roasted almond in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for about 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Dip or spread the bottoms of each macaroon with the melted chocolate.
- Place the macaroons, chocolate side down, on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle chocolate over the top of macaroons (optional)
- Refrigerate the cookies for about 15-30 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens.
- Can be covered and stored for several days at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Chocolate Coating: Place the chopped chocolate and shortening in a microwaveable bowl. Melt in the microwave (or over a saucepan of simmering water). Let cool to room temperature before using.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]
Want to help Support PureGraceFarms? If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support.