Chocolate and Vanilla Cake Balls are delicious. The recipe is so simple and easy, I had to feature them in today’s post for a last minute quick treat to throw together for Christmas.
- 1 baked cake , box mix, leftover cake, or homemade
- Frosting, heavy cream, half and half, or 1/2 cup liqueur (whichever you prefer to moisten the cake so it will hold together to make the balls).
- Chocolate and Vanilla almond bark, or white and dark chocolate chips.
- Place cake that has been completely cooled into food processor to crumble cake, or break up the cake and crumble by hand.
- Add frosting, liqueur, half and half, or cream, to cake crumbles a little at a time, to moisten the cake. Continuing to add until cake crumbles hold together and a ball can be formed and holds together.
- With a 1/4 cup scoop, scoop up cake mixture and gently pat into a ball.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, shortening or oil to chocolate and stir well, for easier dipping.
- Remove balls from freezer and dip or roll in chocolate and return to baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar, chopped nuts, or crushed peppermints and place in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
- Cake balls are great for experimenting with different cake flavors, liquids, and toppings. Let your imagination go wild and get the kids involved. They will love it.
- The cake balls prior to dipping can be placed in a freezer bag and pulled out for dipping at any time for a fast and easy dessert.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]
Want to help Support PureGraceFarms? If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support. Shop Amazon – Top Holiday Deals