- 1 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
- In a food processor, process the almonds and sugar until finely ground.
- In a small saucepan, combine the almond mixture with the butter, corn syrup, cream, vanilla, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the flour; transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Roll level teaspoons of the dough into balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 3 inches apart.
- With damp fingertips, gently flatten the balls to a ¼-inch thickness.
- One baking sheet at a time, bake until golden brown, 7 to 9 minutes; cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread each cookie with chocolate. Place, chocolate side-down, on parchment-lined baking sheets and refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 5 to 10 minutes. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- These cookies really spread. To help this make sure you chill the dough really well, make small balls and place widely apart. I allowed the cookies to cool for a few minutes and then gently peeled them from the parchment paper. They will get more brittle as they cool, so dont wait too long.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]
Want to help Support PureGraceFarms? If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support. Shop Amazon – Entertain in Style This Holiday Season