Sometimes, even at Christmas, all I want is a peanut butter cookie. No frills, no fancies, just simple old fashioned goodness. These peanut butter cookies fill the bill and then some. Crunchy peanut butter on the inside with chopped and salted peanuts sprinkled on top. Need I say more?
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tbsp milk
- Chopped salted peanuts, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir flour and baking soda together.
- Add to the butter mixture, and stir just until combined.
- Using cookie scoop, or 2 tablespoons of dough rounded, place prepared baking sheets placing scoops 3 inches apart. Dip the tines of a fork in milk; press the dough lightly with the back of the fork to flatten slightly (dip the fork back in the milk for each dough ball, to prevent sticking). Sprinkle with a few peanuts.
- Transfer to the oven, and bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes, rotating the baking sheets between the oven shelves halfway through baking. Transfer baking sheets to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
- Add chocolate kiss in the center of dough if you are looking to make the peanut butter cookies more festive, if desired.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]
Want to help Support PureGraceFarms? If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support.
Shop Amazon – Top Holiday Deals