Potato and Eggs Baskets are perfect when you have a little extra time to spend in the kitchen. Start with a potato crust, add deliciously seasoned eggs with chicken sausage, sun dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Warm from the oven, sprinkle a bit of goat cheese on top and voila, a hearty gluten free breakfast fit for a king.
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 eggs
- 2 Gluten Free Chicken Sausages, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup slivered sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Place grated potatoes in a piece of cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel and gently squeeze out excess liquid.
- Combine potatoes, butter, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Divide potato mixture evenly among prepared muffin tin and gently press to form a thin layer on the bottom and sides of each cup.
- Bake until just golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350° F.
- Whisk eggs in medium sized bowl.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, 1/4 parmesan cheese, sausage, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper and whisk together.
- Gently spoon egg mixture into each potato basket, dividing among 12 baskets.
- Return to the oven and bake until eggs are set, 12 to 14 minutes. Sprinkle with goat cheese and cayenne pepper before serving.
- Feel free to play with this recipe, switching up cheeses, meats, and vegetables.
- Also, delicious with a little salsa on the side.
- Leftovers can be placed in refrigerator and served later in the week, just pop in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds.
Other Gluten Free Breakfasts you might like
[ois skin=”pure grace”] Want to help Support PureGraceFarms? If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support. Shop Amazon – New Year New You