- 2 Sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for coating
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 300 F
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy.
- Beat in water and vanilla.
- With mixer on low, beat in flour just until blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- For each cookie, for a scant 2 tbsp dough into a small roll, about 1 1/2 in long. Dough will be sticky so moisten hands with water to form.
- Bake 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet until lightly browned (approximately 18 - 20 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cookies will be fragile so gently roll in powdered sugar and place on wire rack to continue cooling.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- These cookies freeze well. Make a double batch and pull out of the freezer as needed.
[ois skin=”pure grace”]
Want to help Support PureGraceFarms?
If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support.
Shop Amazon – Cyber Monday Deals Week