Green Chili and Corn dip is a great alternative to salsa and chips, quick and easy to put together and leaves very little mess to clean up.
Serve with tortilla chips or scoop up with crunchy vegetables. A simple appetizer that everyone will love and leaves you with more time to concentrate on other things, making it just about perfect in my book.
The TRU 3-Crock Buffet Slowcooker is awesome for making these smaller portions and works great for serving too.
- 1 Jar (16-170z) mild salsa verde (I used homemade spicy tomatillo verde)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pkg (8oz) Neufchatel cheese, softened( Cream cheese if you are not watching calories)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese (can use reduced fat to save on calories)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine salsa verde, corn, onion, garlic and cumin in slow cooker.
- Add neufchatel cheese and mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/4 hours.
- Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, tomato and cilantro.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes longer.
- Serve with tortilla chips or cut up vegetables.