There is nothing like a really good cup of hot chocolate to help tame the “will winter ever go away” blues and this rich creamy hot cup of cocoa with homemade spiced marshmallows and a dabble of whiskey (optional, of course) does the trick.
- 3 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniel's whiskey (optional)
- Marshmallows, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate.
- Add the boiling water and let stand for 1 minute.
- Whisk the chocolate mixture until it is smooth.
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk and heavy cream just to a simmer.
- Add the chocolate mixture and whisk over moderate heat until hot.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the whiskey (if ising).
- Pour the hot chocolate into cups, and garnish with marshmallows or whipped cream.
[ois skin=”pure grace”] Want to help Support PureGraceFarms? If you have enjoyed my blog and the recipes you find here, one of the ways you can help support Pure Grace Farms is by visiting my affiliate Amazon.com and making a purchase through the link on this site. Amazon pays me a small percentage from your purchases with no additional cost to you, and allows me to continue delivering great recipes and content to this site week after week. Thank you in advance for your support.
Join Amazon Prime – Watch Over 40,000 Movies and TV Shows Anytime – Start Free Trial Now
You might also like:
Todays Post: Give Yourself Away